induction after PROM

gerb

Reaction score
my waters have gone and im going to be induced tomorrow at 8am if im not in established labour

do they still give u prostaglandins or go straight for the oxytocin drip??

just wondered my booklet doesnt explain induction under these circumstances just in general

thanx for any advice :D

Have you been examined? My waters went and my cervix wasn't favourable at all - posterior, hard and not dilated at all. They gave me one shot of the prostin pessary/gel (usually they would do up to 3 if your waters hadn't gone), that only got me as far as 2cm in 10 or so hours so they gave me the syntocinon drip straight after.

All the best for tomorrow but fingers crossed things start to happen themselves :hug:

I had preterm PROM at 35+6 weeks and was induced at 36 weeks. I wasn't given any pessaries but put straight on a oxytocin drip.

As DSL said it depends if you are favourable, I was examined and given a sweep at 37+6 and they said I was 1-2cms dialated so if I made it to induction date at 39 weeks I wuold have just had to have had my waters broken to kick-start labour. So you may not need either? Good luck :hug:

I was put straight on the drip. I was having irregular contractions though and was 2cm dilated.

the doctor didnt really make it clear.

she said it was softening and she could see the babies head but said i wasnt in labour. she said that the babys head was not fully engaged as she could still feel alot of it above the pelvis, so i presume i am favourable?

i think i am getting contractions now?? wel im getting pains so i might start timing them, its just hard to know if its anything or not wen its the first time

iv been leaking loads tho, still all clear tho so not too worried, i just dont want to go back early and it be nothing!

thanks girls xx

I was just put on the drip, again, things weren't very favourable. Hope it all happens by itself for you!

my first was a PROM induction.
i was given the pessary then i started to get what they called prosten pains.
these stayed and i was put on the synocin(sp) drip late evening.
i then had nichola at 4.55am.

hope this helps you chick x

good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111