Induced due to Spd?

Emmam1982

Reaction score
Has anyone been induced due to spd?

I only started with it last week but I'm now almost immobile-I can't put any weight through my left leg at all (im only presuming it's spd), I'm not sleeping because of the pain, I can't do much around the house. Been to the doctors today and they've prescribed me co codamol but if they don't help I don't know how I'm going to physically manage over the next 4 weeks. Each day it seems to get worse and worse.
I have my supposedly final consultant appt tomorrow and until now everything had been going well and just wondered what the likely hood would be of her suggesting an induction before my due date x

Sometimes it depends on your local hospital. I don't think they induce where I am (Portsmouth) as my friend had been on crutches since early 20wks and she went 12 days over I think, baby arrived the day before her induction.

I got into a right panic when I was admitted to hospital on Thursday as I was in so much pain and nothing they could give me took the pain away. I was scared they would say I would have to be in that amount of pain or they take baby out, I'm only 32 weeks so I was so worried. Thankfully the pain isn't as bad now but I am still unable to do anything. Hope your consultant appt goes well xx

I had horrendous SPD from about 15 weeks. I saw my consultant at 16 weeks who referred me to physio, by 20 weeks I had to wear 3 SPD belts a day and by 25 weeks I was crawling on the floor to get around. I saw my consultant every 4 weeks. By 30 weeks he said to me that I would be induced at 38, he couldn't see my in that much pain anymore, so for both mine and babies well being he would induce me., but he said I could try to have baby naturally but due to not being able to move my legs at all without excruciating pain, that I may need to have a section. I was booked into start my induction at 38+4, but my waters broke at 38+3 and I had her in the early hours of the morning on 38+4.

I think before they would do it they would want an actual diagnosis of SPD. Worth asking the question though. I was induced due to anxiety (although I had low fluid and reduced
Movement) but they wouldn't induce me until my duedate

I had severe SPD & SJD with my last pregnancy. I wore a pelvic support belt from 12 weeks. Was signed of physio around 20 weeks as it was too painful to do the exercises. I was on cocodamol from this point & crutches. At 35 weeks I had to be weaned off the cocodamol so baby wasn't born jittery or with withdrawals but because the pain was so bad because I was on less pain relief they induced me at 38 weeks. They really don't like to and one of the consultants refused to induce me early it was only because I broke down in the hospital and demanded a second opinion they reluctantly agreed. I guess it depends on your consultant and whether they're sympathetic enough x

Thanks everyone...I'm going to speak to my consultant tomorrow about the effects of the cocodamol on baby as that's my main concern with taking them xx

Hiya, I had spd really bad at the end of my pregnancy, i think from about 32weeks roughly. It was so painful getting up the stairs, i had to help each leg at times. turning in bed too, ouch! I wasn't induced i just took it really easy the last 2 months. I was so uncomfortable and i didn't take anything for it. I think have all that to come again this time around. I love that fact it goes as soon as you give birth though! What i had then was a broken tail bone lol... us poor mums!!! x

Hiya, I had spd really bad at the end of my pregnancy, i think from about 32weeks roughly. It was so painful getting up the stairs, i had to help each leg at times. turning in bed too, ouch! I wasn't induced i just took it really easy the last 2 months. I was so uncomfortable and i didn't take anything for it. I think have all that to come again this time around. I love that fact it goes as soon as you give birth though! What i had then was a broken tail bone lol... us poor mums!!! x

Coincidentally I think I fractured/broke my coccyx when I came off a water slide in Bulgaria literally about the time I conceived x

I broke my tailbone years ago, caused me so much pain in labour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back