in tears

nmf1987

Reaction score
well yet again my mum is starting an arguement. she is being so horrible. im sat here on my own in tears. she text asking for some money i borrowed off of her and when i said i havent got it right now which she knows she just said well i want it by tomorrow its not too much to ask.

i text back and said its not too much to ask for a mum to not treat her daughter like you have the past couple of weeks but hey ho.

she is being so horrible. saying all her excitement has gone she doesnt care. that im being selfish cos i wont ring to tell her ive gone into labour etc. i said we arent ringing anyone that is our right as the parents and thought it would be nicer to ring and say he is here and all is well etc.

she keeps saying im out of order and have just used her to buy all the nursery stuff etc. which she bought off her own back and didnt even tell me she was getting it.

im getting so depressed and its taking away my excitement from baby as all i can think is how she is making me feel and how she is making it feel like it isnt important cos she isnt bothered anymore.

NMF, she's being incredibly immature. Is your OH with you? Can you ask him to deal with this because it's not something you should be dealing with really. If he's not there can you turn your phone off at all?

You don't needthis hun, you'll end up in hospital with high blood pressure and your mother to thank for it. Don't rise to the bait.

no im alone. i just want her to understand how i feel but she just keeps telling me to have a nice life.

it has bought back all the memories from when i was 8 and she told me to find her when i was 16 if i wanted and left me outside in my nightie for my dad to pick me up.

i sound like a litttle girl but i just want my daddy. xxx

It's so hard not to let your mum upset you. I understand that. Even when.people say not to let it get to you, its hard.
Could you completely distance yourself for now, especially for you and babys sake. Have you spoken to your dad. It's unfair how immature she is!

:hugs:

id tell her you will get the money you owe her as soon as i possible and she can then do jog on and leave you the hell alone

chin up hun you are a better person than her dont let her drag you down xxx

hi guys im doing the same thing with my mum we have been arguing for bout two weeks she keeps sending me these awful texts bout how much of a crap mum i am and it really got to me the other day and i told her i wanted nothing more to do with her so she said when the babys born shes taking me to court fot visitation rights isnt that a nice thing to threaten your daughter with when shes 34 weeks preggers i dont think they realise how hurtfull it is when yor getting crap like that off your own mother when yor gonna be a mother to your own child soon

it hurts so much to say but she will be having nothing more to do with me or baby aswell. i really cant believe she is doing this.

she keeps telling me to go round and she will tell me what happened when i was younger for her to leave me. i remember it all and all she will do is blame my dad and step mum and slag them off and im not having it.

wish i was somewhere else right now. xxxx

Bless you, you don't need this and you've done nothing to deserve her treating you like crap. Your mum should be there for you no matter what, she seems to be putting herself first when you and baby are the most important people at the moment.

Try as best you can to distance yourself, she'll realise what a cow she's been and start missing you before you will her!

Good luck and try to relax and watch a funny movie or something to distract yourself.

x

I can't believe some of you have such awful mums.

nmf, is your dad still around, and if so, is he near enough that one of you can go see the other? Sounds like you could do with a cuddle.

And do I take it he brought you up from when you were 8? I'm sorry to hear she chucked you out in your nightie that time. My DD is 4 in august, and that will be 2 years since she went to live with her dad because I was extremely ill. I'm sorry for myself for having to ask him for the help but I'm not regretting it because I couldn't look after me or her. I just hope if your mum did similar that she had a bloody good reason like I did. I love my DD.

If you need to chat, pm me xxx

NMF I literally felt awful when I read the bit about being left outside in your nightie - it appears to me that your mum is selfish to the core - all these threats and comments about her not caring are just downright crap. She is actually fighting with you about something that has not even happened yet!

I know its easier said than done but try to zone out from her. You definately don't need this all right now. I don't know what else to say but hope you feel better soon x

Awww hun, she is being very selfish and you don't need it right now! If i was in that situation i would totally blank her and then hopefully she will see sense. At the minute you can do without this! xxx

Last edited:
yeah dad is still around. just lives a good 30-40 minutes away.

i have been bought up by my dad since they split up when i was about 2. he is my rock. love him sooo much. i would see her every now and then but didnt see her at all between 8 and 14.

you had a good reason hun and did what was best for your little girl. mine just didnt like the fact that i asked for my dad cos i felt poorly. xxx

I was sad the other day when my DD asked for her daddy when I'd made her cry. she cries more, these days. She never used to cry over anything, including being punted by being hit with a kid on a swing...................

Don't know what else to say, re your mum - except that she maybe isn't all there and thinks she's bought a right to do and have done as she likes, because she bought you things for baby. I'd let her know you're grateful but hadn't asked, so leave you to do things as makes you comfortable. Dunno.

i told her i fully appreciate everything she has done and bought but doesnt change the way i want him bought into the world.

she has left it as hope it all goes well, and you dont have complications, maybe one day you will realise what you have done and apologise. but for now im done.

lovely thanks. xxx

mine just didnt like the fact that i asked for my dad cos i felt poorly. xxx

is this why she kicked you out? :shock:

if so how you havent managed to slap her i dont know

my youngest ds is a daddies boy and doesnt like me doing much for him prefers his daddy but i dont love him or like him any less for it

if thats the reason i am utterly speechless

yep. she didnt like me asking for my dad. thing is i didnt feel poorly she had told me off cos my little brother hit me and i hit him back. she upset me so i made up that i felt ill and wanted to go home to my dad. xxx

yep. she didnt like me asking for my dad. thing is i didnt feel poorly she had told me off cos my little brother hit me and i hit him back. she upset me so i made up that i felt ill and wanted to go home to my dad. xxx

she doesnt deserve to be called mum

exactly. doesnt stop it hurting though. xxx

just realised ive have spent all day crying and havent eaten since 10.30 this morning. all because of her. wish i didnt let it get to me so much. xxx

no child should have to go through that and its like she is putting salt in old wounds at the minute
she is jealous that your dad is a better parent xxx:hugs: and lots of them i think you could do with them xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back