Implantation bleeding..........?

michelles1985

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought i'd take this opportunity to introduce myself.

I came off the pill on 13th July and had my withdrawal bleed as normal. Me and my husband are now trying for our 2nd baby.

I m so impatient and can't wait to get pregnant again.

1 week after coming off my pill, I had bad cramping for a whole week. So I only started feeling better Wednesday just gone. I've been having pregnancy type symptoms but I do know that coming off the pill can trick your body and having these symptoms can be normal.

Today I bought some HPT's in just so I have some ready. Worse thing I could've done as I ended up taking one. lol. Told you I was impatient. Anyway, it came out -ve. But since then I've ben experiencing light bleeding - pinkish only when I wipe. Could it be implantation bleeding?

Anyway, with me not having a 'proper' period since coming off my pill I'm not really sure when my real period is due. I'm guessing it's due next Saturday. This is based on the fact I was VERY regular before I went on the pill and based on my last period after coming off the pill (whihc started 16th July)

If not, oh well, it's just not my month.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

I'm going to try and hold off now for a week before taking another HPT.

Will let you knw how it goes. Fingers crossed

GL to all you ladies trying :)

xx

Hiya :)

Well, if your next period is due next Saturday then you are approximately only between 5 and 9 days past ovulation (too early for HPTs).

Implantation can occur between 6 and 12 days past ovulation, so it is possible that you are experiencing implantation bleeding.

It only happens in about a third of women though - did you experience it with your first child?

However, i am very wary of the fact that you have just come off the pill and it is advised that you take a couple of cycles to just prepare yourself nutritionally and emotionally and just get to grips with your cycle again before ttc.

As for symptoms - i'm a bit shy of them now after suffering lots of them and it meaning nothing...

Fingers crosssed for you though - you're still in with a shot :)

Where in Stoke on Trent are you?

Last edited:
Hi Louise,

I'm from an area near to Hanley town centre.

I am aware that it is advised to allow yourself a couple of cycles of normal periods before trying to conceive and if it is I haven't conceived, i really don't mind. However if I have, then it was meant to be. It will happen when it's meant to. It is only advised to wait but if I have fell pregnant straight away it shouldn't affect the health of myself or my baby. My sister in law fell pregnant straight after coming off her pill and she is fine :) I'll get pregnant when my body is ready :)

As for the signs of pregnancy, I know they can be mistaken for many things so I'm not getting my hopes up. When I was pregnant with my son, I hardly had any pregnancy symptoms. No morning sickness, no tender breasts. The only things i really suffered from was fatigue so I was very lucky :)

I did have implantation bleeding with my son. Only for a day. The spotting has stopped now and it was only VERY slight so it might have been nothing.

We'll see...............................

As for my last child, I fell pregnant whilst on the pill cos I missed 3 of them out one after another. All of my family are VERY fertile so I'm hoping i follow suit.

Xx

Doesn't sound like you'll have any problems :)

Good luck!

HI all,

Well I have had cramps again today, after having them for a week when I think I ovulated (28th July - 4th August- however i'm not sure what day I ovulated cos the cramps were all week). I can only assume these cramps today are pre peiod cramps. I've taken a couple of early detection pregnany tests and both -ve. I'm due on Friday/Saturday :(

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back