im not ready.

isobel84

Reaction score
im just in a really low about having a baby at the moment.
i feel so quilty. Everyone seems so happy and ready. Im not.
Its like im in denial that he will be here soon.
its freaking me out. and when i think about it, its so stressful! I got nothing ready. got no money to sort the last bits, we are talking about moving. AAAHH!
I dont regret him, but i want him to stay in my tummy. Im to scared.
and this labour thing yesterday about when he will come, it said 2-3 weeks early.. i know its not reallity but he could. thats only 5 weeks from now.
I cant do it. Im not scared of labour, im scared of my son.
its just all too much and all i wanna do is hide and stop time.

Awe Hun it's totally normal to feel freaked out, it's a major life event and is daunting enough without the other worries you have. I always found that if something else was stressing me out I kind of projected it into baby fear because that is the most important thing in your life right now. A lot can change in the next few weeks. Even if you feel up and down just remember you're gonna be an amazing mum cos you care so much xx

hey dont worry about freaking out lovely! Oh my word, there are days that i wake up and think he best not be coming any time soon!! my LO could be here anytime really as i've hit the 35 week mark. Started getting a mad panic on about how a BABY is going to fit out of THAT! How im going to have all my baby stuff cleaned, i have work all next week, where i feel iv volunteered myself for far too much, but i NEED the pennies for my and my OH to take some pressure off us, im scared cos i have to go back to uni in about 7 weeks and im captain of a sports team so have to organise that, only just started washign and sorting baby clothes and i feel completely rushed.

The worst thing you can do is panic. Id sugegst make a list of everything you have to do without making it complicated:-
EG:
get in touch with an estate agents
make a budget

mine currently looks like:-
Call house of fraser.
Call ig
Call buses
Await on council
Baby stuff
Food stuff (butter, teabags, onions, cling film, aluminium foil)
Dinner
Call about netball court booking
sort phlis anniveersary stuff out
clean house
hospital bag

That way you can look at your list and cross things off as you do them. It wont seem as daunting and give you some focus, nd yo will feel better when you can see things getting done. The worst thing to do is panic about it. Chances are little Noa is going to be late. Don't overstretch yourself. Talk to your OH about exactly how you're feeling. Its going to be difficult but he has to understand. Treat yourself to a couple of hours in a warm bath wit ha book/music/candles just as relaxation chillout pamper time.

If none of that works, then come on here have a bloody big rant and a rave and a moan and we'll send MAsSIVE HUGS YOUR WAY!!

Hope things pick up lovely,

Sophie xx

hello honey.
you will be fine. i know its easier said than done, but seriously, its a totally normal thing to think. at the moment i am in a phase of thinking "what the hell am i doing, i cant have a baby!" i have the midwife later, im not excited at all, but i know tomorrow i will be fine. i have seriously down days about the whole thing, and im sure you do too. and, serious up days tooo!! youll be ok sweety, trust me. as squeakz said, lists are a godsend, i use lists for everything and i have a list of baby stuff and hospital stuff, so as i go i tick! xx

its so normal to feel how you are hun i had a major melt down when i was a few months gone i tried ten yrs to get this little munchkin and then sat thinking what the hell have i done it is especially hard with the first but dont worry about what u have or dont have as long as he has you that all he needs xxxx

Hi, dont worry I feel the sam esome days especially as it gets closer - The moving house situation is ver stressful at the best of times! I have also days when I think what am I doing I have a nice wee life, enjoy my job, have a nine year old who probably could live by himself now (very independant child lol!) and I just think all the chaos am I ready or do I have the patience for this!! Other days I cannot wait at all.
Regarding the birth it does scare me as I know this time what is probably in front of me!! I think silly things like will I make it in time to the hospital! Also my first baby was born at 32 weeks and I really want to get as near to 40 weeks as possible with this little monkey but I am starting to panic that this wont happen!

God it doesnt get any easier but just try and enjoy your time before the arrival, try and balance eberything yo need to do out and just afford what you can and I am positive you will be a brillant mum to your wee lad who will just adore you xx

i just think noa deserve a happy mum. im really down about it.
some women cant get pregnant and im not happy? im awful.

Awe Hun don't worry about it I felt down like pre natally depressed almost with my second but when he was here everything slotted into place - don't worry if you hve nothing ready I'm sure friends and fam will help out - there might even be a couple of ladies on here that can send you random stuff I had sent out a blue hat just incase (thankyou again :D) when you have noa if I have a girl I got some boys things only a few clothes but I could send them x

What was this labour predictor thing?sounds interesting ... X x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone goes through this i think!! I nearly broke down earlier as were meant to be moving fri but it sounds like it might not happen due to a mess up with the bank further up the chain and i nearly flipped!!! I want to move friday and will fight to move friday and if needs must i will phone around telling them i want to move as otherwise i will not have any time until a week before baby is due to do anything with assistance from everyone!!

Just make lists of things you need to do and hopefully as the list decreases it should give you reassurance that your prepared!! And think that little boy needs his mummy to keep calm!!!

I'm feeling the same hun! I cried the other day thinking i can't cope having another child!! I get my good days where im so happy to be having another baby and can't wait to meet him then i get a bad day where i think i won't cope, i'm not ready yet etc! Me and Tim have been argueing alot lately so i think that has a big affect on how im feeling.
Hope you feel better soon x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back