I'm gonna kill him

frangelle

Reaction score
That stupid prat I live with has deleted every photo I have ever taken with my digital camera off our computer, kierans first day of school, his 4th b/day, wedding evening do pics, hen night, everything.

And is now telling me to grow up :x I am so bl**dy annoyed and upset. It's not like you get negatives!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!

I would kill him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there absolutely no way to retrieve them??

:wall: :wall: :evil: :evil: :wall: :wall:

DONT PANIC! :hug:

Firstly, check your recycle bin, and if they are in there, right click and restore.

Dont try and recover them yourself, or delete anything, but phone up PC world and ask them about file recovery software.

There are ones you can download off the net but most of this are spyware.

But dont worry - you can get them back :)

Sammystar said:
OMG!!!!!!!!

I would kill him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there absolutely no way to retrieve them??

:wall: :wall: :evil: :evil: :wall: :wall:

No he did it ages ago, I've only just noticed :shock: GRRRRRRRRRRRRR luckily he's at work so I can't get my murderous hands on him :twisted:

He reckons he warned me but he didn't!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

glitzyglamgirl said:
DONT PANIC! :hug:

Firstly, check your recycle bin, and if they are in there, right click and restore.

Dont try and recover them yourself, or delete anything, but phone up PC world and ask them about file recovery software.

There are ones you can download off the net but most of this are spyware.

But dont worry - you can get them back :)

Not in the recycle bin :x He's still a selfish git, I may have to get file recovery software. Can it recover it even from like a month ago?

If the worst comes to the worst you can download a programme which retrieves anything that was ever on your hard drive. It's about $45 but well worth it if it's that serious - Kylie knows....guess which wally deleted a class full of reports the day before they were due to be in about 5 years ago!

He will be getting no bedroom love for 10 years if he can't get them back :twisted:

Don't panic hun.............although I know its a hassle, everyone on here is right, you can get them back.
Once my OH REFORMATTED the wrong drive on my machince and we found some free software to retrieve it all.

FYI for everyone: Even if you reformat your machine there are 'mircosoft hidden files' that record EVERYTHING. every conversation, webpage, files, anything you have ever done your machine. They can ony be accessed through MSDOS and you need to be pretty clued up to find them, but its interesting to know that even if you think you've deleted everything, you never really have!

If its Windows XP you've got you can just restore your computer to an earlier point and undo any changes since then.

Im sure I've done that before to get deleted files back :think:

I might be wrong but its worth a try :)

OMG I hope you can get them back! :shock:
:hug:
I feel sick just thinking about losing special photos like that! :cry:

Hopefully you can sort it. I know hardly anyone (including me :) ) does this, but in future, once a month you could make a back-up disk and save all the files on your computer onto a disk or USB stick, so you have a copy if anything breaks or men act like men :)

this nearly happened to us 4 years worth of digital pictures but luckily my DH is quite clued up on computers and managed to put themin a "safe place" now he has bought me a huge pen drive and told me to put all important things on it just in case anything ever happens again, so i would suggest if you manage to get them back put them on a pen drive and loads of other places so that you always have copies good luck :hug:

Word by word from techie hubby (who works for Cisco so hopefully know what he's talking about...).

Restoring your computer to an earlier point sadly only restores software not files/ data and recovery software can work but it depends on how much your computer is used ie the more you use it the less chance you have of recovery. If you have access to another computer look online for file recovery software and burn it onto a cd. This is because if it is installed onto your computer where the photo's were it will be installing it into the hard drive and could therefore potentially over-ride your photo's. Use your cd to run the programme on the computer where your photo's were. Avoid running any unnecessary software on the computer where your photo's were, especially in the browser. This is because browser's create temporary files which could also overwrite your photo's if they are still there. Ian doesn't think there are hidden files on MSDOS - although if you do reformat the hard disc there is a chance some data will still be there, especially if you do a quick refomat as this only marks the disc as formatted and does not overwrite all the data, just some. Feel free to PM if you would like.

OMG!!!! :shock: :shock:

I would actually kill Mike if he did somethin like that, his Dad threw away all of Mikes and his sisters baby stuff so Mikes mum wouldnt speak to him for weeks after lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back