I'm gonna buy..... updated with whats in my hospital bag!!

Princess81

Reaction score
A couple of those first aid instant ice packs for labour.
Hospitals are so warm and in my "practice run" I really did think I would overheat and being hooked up all the time I couldn't splash water on my face and obviously no fridge so I came up with this idea instead!
Just thought i'd share ;) x

Last edited:
Good thinking! I need to start making a list! Where can I get those from? Xx

Boots I think. We used to keep them in the fridge at the gym I used to work at to make them colder!

I just got a couple off eBay. Also I'm going to buy a couple of trashy magazines per week - not read them and put them in my hosp bag so I end up with a bit of a collection. I couldn't concentrate on a book but a flick thru a mag keeps you occupied you just end up re-reading them when u run out :roll:
X

im gonna steal the mag idea as well :oooo:

wow, its not long now! it seems ur recent experience has made you start thinking about the birth princess? i dont know why but ive not thought about it at all yet! must start though, less than 8 weeks left! :shock: xx

What's the latest with you anyway? Are you back at work? Any more pains or signs??

Its really made me think about the birth big time lol. They basically prepared me for delivering the baby and I was just thinking "but nothings ready"!!!! I didn't even have the beginnings of a hospital bag, o/h had to run home and to a rush job on it for me. The baby's was done but not mine so it's given me a boot in the bum to get prepared. We've sorted out the nursery too into an acceptable state, bar a wardrobe that we are still waiting on from bloody mothercare.

So I now have my hospital bag 90% done, I'm adding to it as and when I think of different things but put it this way if baby decided to kick off again I know I'll not be going short of things in hospital now!

I have been signed off work for the rest of this week, til Wednesday next week. I am just going rest-up and see how it goes. I get the odd niggle but I think that's totally normal for my stage of pregnancy. I was reading my maternity notes last night to try to make sense of what happened:

Baby's head was 2/5ths engaged, I was contracting every 2 minutes, I was 80% effaced and 2cm dilated with bulging membranes. I can't believe I made it that far into labour :shock:

Anyway I have an appointment with my consultant on 7th November to see where we go from here. My placenta is still very low, I don't know yet if this will result in a c-section or not xx

Must admit it kicked me up the backside too and my OH! I nearly burst into tears when I read what was going on! It's a scary thought at our stage, so glad your ok and things with baby are a bit more settled!

Glad things are a bit more settled for u hun... hope they stay that way :) thanks for posting this thread... everytime I go into hospital its always boiling hot!! x

When I just read ur description of ur notes it sent a shiver thru me...u were so close!!

I'm seriously going to start planning now! Xx

yeah im gonna start sorting it out too. noone knows whats around the corner. i was telling my oh too and he was like friday were going shopping. dunno where to start though. but ice packs sound like a good idea xxx

Yeah because you just never know. Luckily pea decided to play ball this time and stay put, but I know that because I've had the steroids now that if it starts up again then they won't be trying to stop it and just let me go for it :shock:

Flip flops are another good consideration for the hospital bag. My feet were BOILING the last thing I wanted when I had to walk around was slippers. I've also packed my spare phone charger cos it did my nut that I couldn't play games on my phone cos it died lol. I'll try to think of more stuff as well .....

O/h's family seem to think that it was just me having a false alarm with going into hospital etc. It's frustrating me and I'm thinking: NO I was actually in Labour - they had to stop it progressing with medication :wall: some people eh.

Do you all want me to write out the contents of my hosp bag so you can see what I have? Then you can add to it as you see fit? xx

Last edited:
Omg yes please. I have to admit I'm pooing it a bit because I have nothing ready. Your notes just gave me a kick up the backside!

Those mist sprays are good too, again from boots. Magicool i think its called. I took one to my labour, which ended up an emergency section so i never got to use it :(

Righto, I have:
Wash bag: Shampoo/Conditioner/shower gel (all travel size). Tootbrush and toothpaste. Deodorant. Face wipes. Moisturiser. Hairbrush. Sponge. Flannel.

2 towels, one for body one for hair.

Maternity pants and pads. Normal knicker pads and breast pads.

Normal pants, socks, 3 night shirts, dressing gown - will grab a change of clothes if I think it will all kick off again.

Flip flops. Phone charger. Back massager thing - cos I got lots of pressure in my back and I think it would have helped :oooo: will also be putting in my ice packs when they arrive ;), ear phones, will grab make up bag on the way out :lol: magazines.

Then of course the baby has it's own bag ;)

xx

When I had my epidural they put surgical stockings on my to stop DVT ( c-section ladies wear them too) so flips were a no no because you're not allowed to take them off at all apart from showering! They recommended wearing them for a week after the birth too but said most woman take them off after a day or two which I did because they're bloomin tight!

Just thought i'd let you know :) x

:rofl: surgical stokings with flip flops - just imagine :lol:
Well okay, I hadn't thought of that, I guess maybe some slippers may have to be popped in, but it'll just have to be ballet pumps or something not too hot for me anyway.
Anyone else feel free to add to the list please - i'm sure there are things that I've prob forgotten but I think if I had to rush in again I'd be ok with what I've got packed so far x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back