My hospital bag

jenjen

Reaction score
Ok, so I know there are loads of threads like this one on here but I just wanted to share what I've packed and see if anybody thinks I've missed anything important. I finally got round to doing it today after driving poor DH mad on the weekend by going round all the shops in 2 towns to get everything I needed. So here's what I've got:

• -2 nighties (I'm thinking of adding 1 more just in case - I did buy 3 but picked up 1 in the wrong size :doh:
    -2 pairs of pj bottoms
    -Dressing gown
    -Slippers
    -5 pairs of cotton pants and 5 pairs of sexy paper ones (I got through LOADS with DS)
    -2 packs of maternity pads (i think there's 10 in each pack)
    -Going home clothes for me
    -Toothbrush
    -Toothpaste
    -flannel
    -shower gel
    -moisturiser
    -face wash
    -face wipes
    -Deodorant
    -1 feeding bra - I'm thinking I may need more? I haven't bought any more yet though
    -Breast pads (a box of 40)
    -Bath towel and hand towel
    -Hair brush, 2 hair bands, 2 hair clips
    -2 disposable cameras
    -pack of 27 nappies
    -nappy sacks
    -3 newborn size vests
    -3 newborn size sleepsuits
    -baby's going home outfit (including cardi, hat and blanket)
    -2 hats
    -1 pair scratch mitts
    -2 muslin cloths
    -nappy cream
    -baby lotion
    -cotton wool balls

I think that's it. Is it too much? It's in a medium size suitcase from a 3 piece luggage set so it's quite a big bag but not enormous. I don't remember at all how much I packed last time.

That sounds ok hun!! :cheer: Though I would probably leave out the nappy cream but thats because I never used it with my others! lol Do your hospital not supply the cotton wool balls?!
Ooh what about shampoo?!

yeah I never used nappy cream with DS either come to think of it. I don't know about the cotton wool balls, I'm moving house in a couple of weeks so I'll be transferring to a different hospital so I don't really know anything about the place I'll be giving birth in and what they provide etc. hmmm..shampoo...I don't know perhaps I'll pack some just in case.

I'm packing 3 bras. I had to change too often with DS so I just wanna make sure. Going out now to buy newborn hats because all of DS's are in bad condition... and blue. My hospital bag is almost packed lol. I've only got 15 days left I should really get more organised!

Sounds mostly same as what i have packed only extras i got to your list are:

Tens Machine
Labour Music
Book
Nipple Cream

xx

It might be worth packing your second nightie and second PJ bottoms and maybe half of the nappies in a spare bag that your OH could pick up if you are going to stay in for more than one night or you could leave in the car. Just thinking about reducing your stuff a bit.

I hadn't thought about nappy sacks, I just assumed the hospital would provide or that they would have a special bin in the ward. I haven't packed body lotion either as I got the feeling that the midwives would frown upon it like they do with baby wipes.

Please note I'm a first time Mum so have no real idea what is needed for a hospital bag :D You sound like you have everything well covered though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back