My Hospital Bag

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just double checked I've got everything in my hospital bag ready, was just wondering if you could have a quick look at my lists and let me know if you think theres anything else I'll need please? :D I've got two bags, one for me and one for baby.

In my bag theres:
2 x nightshirts (for giving birth, front opening as I'm planning to breastfeed)
2 x pairs of nursing pj's for after
1 x pair of slippers
1 x dressing gown
Toiletries (toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo/cond, shower gel)
Pack of hair bobbles + grips
Hairbrush
Lip balm
Bit of make up (tinted moisteriser, bronzer and mascara)
6 x t-shirts
2 x jogging bottoms
Pack of breast pads
Pack of disposeable pants
6 pairs of 'normal pants'
6 pairs of socks
2 packs of maternity towels
Bikini top (planning to have water birth)
Nipple cream

Babys bag:
4 x sleepsuits
4 x vests
1 x blanket
2 x hats
2 x scratch mitts
10 x nappies
4 x socks/booties
1 x cardigan
1 x coat

Do you think thats all I'll need? Really struggled with the babys bag lol. I know I'll probably need a nursing bra but I'll get that a bit closer to my due date.
Thanks xxx

Oh I've also got a pack of baby wipes too :p knew I'd missed something ! x

Dont forget to get some moist toilet tissues hunny, its alot more comfortable to use after birth x x

Some people find baby wipes are too harsh for l/o's skin at first so they use cotton wool and warm water to wash baby. But I'm sure the hosp would provide cotton wool?? :eh:

Some people find baby wipes are too harsh for l/o's skin at first so they use cotton wool and warm water to wash baby. But I'm sure the hosp would provide cotton wool?? :eh:

Im not to sure hun, hospitals seemed to be cutting down on everything! x x

iv got some cotton wool ready to take with me, and any snacks you want during labour?? books if you read you never know how long your going to be in there, and i def agree with the fragrance free wipes for yourself but i used baby wipes with my first :)

I'll pack some cotton wool as well just in case :) Sorry i meant to put I'm gonna take my iPod, a book and a pack of cards to keep me occupied. Plus drinks/snacks :D xx

Money for snacks & phone/tv

I'm not sure if you'd need socks & booties, esp if baby is wearing sleepsuits as they already have the feet in them.

And you might not need a baby coat if baby is wrapped in blankets to go into car, better safe than sorry I suppose!!

:)

Money for snacks & phone/tv

I'm not sure if you'd need socks & booties, esp if baby is wearing sleepsuits as they already have the feet in them.

And you might not need a baby coat if baby is wrapped in blankets to go into car, better safe than sorry I suppose!!

Lol! Never even thought about the sleepsuits thing with the feet, Im such a numpty sometimes lol might be a bit hard to get her socks on :p

I think I've been a bit over cautious, just scared she'll get too cold lol x

thanks for this. I still havent packed my bag, maybe do it today but this really helps with what I need tp put in.

No worries. I struggled with this to be honest, feels like I'm going away for a week lol but you never know what could happen or how long you'll be gone for so I think its best to be over-prepared :p xx

When i went into labour with my 1st I was so disorganised, didn't have a list or a bag fully packed, I had 2 vests & 2 sleepsuits in a rucksack & hadn't got round to putting in anything else, was induced very quickly & OH had 2 come home & get the bag & try & find some jammies ect for me. Dont know how I coped, we were going through a house move at the time so it was all quite hectic, but we still managed!

camera for the all important photos.

im taking a dummy too just in case,

how long are you staying in for??

do the hospital provide the gowns that you can give birth in? as im not thinking of taking a night shirt of my own for the birth just some pj's for after.

Yeah the hospitals provide the gowns but they normally only cover the front & your left with your bum hanging out the back

:shock:

lol thanks little miss think ill be shopping for a nightgown today x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back