I will not give my baby formula!!!!!!!

Thank you knopk, that means a lot.
I will do the same from now on re: the title of posts, I've learnt my lesson the hard way.
Thank you for the support, it means the world to me xx

I'm a believer in if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say it.

I don't think a split would be good as there's usually good advice to all mummies in threads about feeding, however you do it.

However there is a lot of negative feelings imposed on breast feeding
Mummies IMO ( and I don't mean just on this thread) by mummies that ff.

Cos- keep going - as a mummy to 5 you are an inspiration that in most cases with sheer determination and support you can BF. xx

I have never seen BF mothers jump on a formula threads saying how could you but there is always someone taking offence at BF topics? Why oh why? We all have our own demons and of course its not nice to feel like a failure but why make others feel bad?
I fibd it difficult to understand as a mother who both BF and FF and i dont get offended, people have their views and as long as they dont go slagging other people off, i dont see a problem.
Cos, just dont pay attention, i know its hard but support is there, from both BF and FF mums.
I have given up explaining my opinion as people see what they want to see without actually reading what i wrote.
I know though that i will get support when my second baby is here, and this forum has invaluable info so i choose to ignore people who are just looking for an argument.
Anyway, i think any further posts about BF i will put "question to BF mothers" so its clear its not aimed at anyone who is not breastfeeding.
Well done once again for sticking to it, there is very little luck involved, its hard work. And you should be proud x

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I have to say I don't agree with your first paragraph there. Before I had my baby, I said I wasn't going to even try breast feeding and was made to feel bad, people saying I was selfish and how could I not even try it! So I felt really bad about it but then I thought stuff it, it's my baby , my choice and I really don't care what other people think. My baby is healthy, thriving and happy which makes me happy.
So either way there will always be arguments but I simply rise above it, it doesn't offend me anymore xx

Thank you Becky.
I agree it's sad to divide but I sadly now feel it's essential. I wouldn't want another mummy (BF or FF) to feel like I do right now.
Thank you for the lovely post xx

I FF both my children but I am comfortable with my decision so am no more offended by a bf thread than I am about a TW thread and I absolutely admire you BF mummies! We're all mummies at the end of the day, trying to do the best for our children. Cosmic you are an inspiration! I am sure lots of BF mummies are looking at your example and drawing strength from your determination! Don't let anyone bring you down over your choice!

god, everyone just needs to chill out about the whole bf/ff thing.

i formula fed from day 1, and will probably do that with this one (ibe already bought the milk bit considering at least trying to give the 'liquid gold')

my reasons for it are that I cannot stand boobs. i know, its weird and youd think id just get over it for the sake of being able to bf but its like people that are afraid of heights, i started crying when my boobs first started leaking in my first pregnancy, thats how bad it gets.

i totally and utterly have so much respect for those that breastfeed but i also have a respect and understanding for those that choose to formula feed and those that have tried bf and switched to formula.

even though i do feel guilty sometimes even 13 months on for 'being a wimp' and not even trying to breastfeed i wasnt offended at all by the OP, the title intruiged me but thats all.

i think some of the people on here need to get over themselves if I'm honest, not just on this post but on the forum as a whole. even if youve had issues yourself with bf you should still be able to feel happy for someone elses success. And why should Cos feel guilty everyone elses problems arent her problems and she should be able to write whatever she wants without walking on eggshells, this is like society at the moment where noone can speak their mind for fear of it coming back on them, bloody stupid.

sorry, im really tired and fed up of being pregnant(see i felt weird writing that in case ppl ttc take offense) so I'm in a bit of a mood this morning.

:hugs: Cos and well done for not giving up, i cant even imagine how exhausting it must be especially with 4 other children to look after x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Thank you mrs R :friends:
I know I shouldn't let comments upset me. It's just that I tried so hard to word the original post in a way that wouldn't offend yet still tell the tale iykwim.
The comments about "poison" and "devils milk" did really upset me. I would never say anything like they and I didn't want other FF mums thinking that those were my views.
I felt like I was constantly having to defend myself and make it clear over and over that no offence was intended.
Thank you for your kind words xxx

i formula fed from day 1, and will probably do that with this one (ibe already bought the milk bit considering at least trying to give the 'liquid gold')

my reasons for it are that I cannot stand boobs. i know, its weird and youd think id just get over it for the sake of being able to bf but its like people that are afraid of heights, i started crying when my boobs first started leaking in my first pregnancy, thats how bad it gets.

i totally and utterly have so much respect for those that breastfeed but i also have a respect and understanding for those that choose to formula feed and those that have tried bf and switched to formula.

even though i do feel guilty sometimes even 13 months on for 'being a wimp' and not even trying to breastfeed i wasnt offended at all by the OP, the title intruiged me but thats all.

i think some of the people on here need to get over themselves if I'm honest, not just on this post but on the forum as a whole. even if youve had issues yourself with bf you should still be able to feel happy for someone elses success. And why should Cos feel guilty everyone elses problems arent her problems and she should be able to write whatever she wants without walking on eggshells, this is like society at the moment where noone can speak their mind for fear of it coming back on them, bloody stupid.

sorry, im really tired and fed up of being pregnant(see i felt weird writing that in case ppl ttc take offense) so I'm in a bit of a mood this morning.

:hugs: Cos and well done for not giving up, i cant even imagine how exhausting it must be especially with 4 other children to look after x

Thank you so much PP.
I agree completely with your post, I feel the same. I've totally walked on eggshells.

The other children are so good thank god, they make it all that bit easier.
I tried to express this morning, using some of the tips on Carnats thread.
My 4 year old came in and said "oh, so that's how you put the milk in your boobies for the baby". He thought I'd got milk out of the fridge, put it in the bottle and was pumping it in!!!
Kids are so funny :)
Thanks for the encouragement PP, it means a lot xxxx

Thank you so much PP.
I agree completely with your post, I feel the same. I've totally walked on eggshells.

The other children are so good thank god, they make it all that bit easier.
I tried to express this morning, using some of the tips on Carnats thread.
My 4 year old came in and said "oh, so that's how you put the milk in your boobies for the baby". He thought I'd got milk out of the fridge, put it in the bottle and was pumping it in!!!
Kids are so funny :)
Thanks for the encouragement PP, it means a lot xxxx

Ha ha that's funny bless him, kids are so innocent but make you laugh xx

I FF both my girls and they are happy healthy and doing everything a 3 and 11 month old should be doing, walking talking counting alphabet. with this one im not sure what im going to do yet. but if FF is what ill do then ill do it. if its BF then ill do it. I wont let anyone make me feel like i should be doing something else. I dont let BF threads get to me. if thats what you wanna do then you do it. Just the same as people FF. if thats what they wanna do then they do it. aslong as your baby is doing everything it should be doing and is happy and healthy then who are we to judge :) xx

I still don't know how you manage with all of them :roll: hats off!!!
I am bloody useless I can barely manage Amelie only...

ha! i love kids! whenever i get the milk out of the fridge for charlies cereal he starts shouting 'gogg' he thinks the picture is a dog and not a cow...yep charlie, dogs milk, whatever floats your boat x

I have never seen BF mothers jump on a formula threads saying how could you but there is always someone taking offence at BF topics? Why oh why? We all have our own demons and of course its not nice to feel like a failure but why make others feel bad?
I fibd it difficult to understand as a mother who both BF and FF and i dont get offended, people have their views and as long as they dont go slagging other people off, i dont see a problem.
Cos, just dont pay attention, i know its hard but support is there, from both BF and FF mums.
I have given up explaining my opinion as people see what they want to see without actually reading what i wrote.
I know though that i will get support when my second baby is here, and this forum has invaluable info so i choose to ignore people who are just looking for an argument.
Anyway, i think any further posts about BF i will put "question to BF mothers" so its clear its not aimed at anyone who is not breastfeeding.
Well done once again for sticking to it, there is very little luck involved, its hard work. And you should be proud x

I have to say I don't agree with your first paragraph there. Before I had my baby, I said I wasn't going to even try breast feeding and was made to feel bad, people saying I was selfish and how could I not even try it! So I felt really bad about it but then I thought stuff it, it's my baby , my choice and I really don't care what other people think. My baby is healthy, thriving and happy which makes me happy.
So either way there will always be arguments but I simply rise above it, it doesn't offend me anymore xx

Well, i do remember the thread in question but i do think we all have own opinions and most agree to disagree. However i also think people read too much into posts sometimes and it is understanble as its internet. I dont judge anyone but i do have opinions which i mostly keep to myself. But enough of the old stuff

Being a mummy is hard either way and last thing we need is people arguing but thats why i think additional sections ( not to completely separate but to have a place for advice) is a good idea.
From what i hace seen, lots of mums have questions on formula preparation/storage etc too.

Lol if a dog was pregnant then he has it right i guess lol! it would be dogs milk but dont thinks its drinkable for humans im afriad lol xx

I still don't know how you manage with all of them :roll: hats off!!!
I am bloody useless I can barely manage Amelie only...

You aren't useless :hugs:
I felt like that with my first too.
I think you gain confidence along the way.
With each subsequent child I've learnt something and thought "I won't do that with the next one" or "we don't need to buy that with the next one".
I do think it gets a bit easier, it's all a learning curve.
Plus, my 14 year old is very helpful, I'd be lost without him. The 10 year old is very quiet and loves his computers and reading, he's no trouble.
The twins are a whirlwind but they love to play together so that's good.
So that's how we all rub along, it works for us.
The dog however is a little cow, permanent PMT, that's chihuahuas for you! x

Lol if a dog was pregnant then he has it right i guess lol! it would be dogs milk but dont thinks its drinkable for humans im afriad lol xx

I did however see a lady in "closer" magazine breastfeeding her pug!! :shock: x

Ewwww thats so wrong lol! but did she breast feed her pug for the pug pups? x

I don't usually post on threads that have ppl disagreeing. But I am going to now!

Why do these things get so out of hand so quickly? Shouldn't we just all be proud of the fact that we are mums and trying to do the best for our babies no matter how we feed them!! At the end of the day, they are being fed!! I had to give up bf and I was gutted, and still am. I also didn't have a very supportive DH who's instant reaction was to give formula. I know how cos feels. It's horrible, and it certainly doesn't need disagreements!!

I've know cos since ttc and I just want to say she is lovely and a fab mummy, don't let anyone or anything upset you. Save the energy you have for baby and you do what you feel is right! :hugs:

Ewwww thats so wrong lol! but did she breast feed her pug for the pug pups? x

For some reason she couldn't BF her two children, she didn't go into why, tongue tie I think.
Anyway, she had milk and felt she was missing out on the experience so as she had a (fully grown) pet pug she put him to the breast and he latched! So she fed him for years!
Her kids know about it but have been told not to mention it in case they get bullied!!! Madness!! xx

I don't usually post on threads that have ppl disagreeing. But I am going to now!

Why do these things get so out of hand so quickly? Shouldn't we just all be proud of the fact that we are mums and trying to do the best for our babies no matter how we feed them!! At the end of the day, they are being fed!! I had to give up bf and I was gutted, and still am. I also didn't have a very supportive DH who's instant reaction was to give formula. I know how cos feels. It's horrible, and it certainly doesn't need disagreements!!

I've know cos since ttc and I just want to say she is lovely and a fab mummy, don't let anyone or anything upset you. Save the energy you have for baby and you do what you feel is right! :hugs:

Thank you hunnie, thank you so much for your kind words.
I agree completely, I wish we could all just get on, and those who can't, don't comment.

Thank you for the support :friends: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back