I will not give my baby formula!!!!!!!

Lol at dogs milk and pumping the milk in.
PP, if you decide to try, do read a lot about it as i totally didnt expect problems and wasnt prepeared. Not trying to scare you, just saying better be ready.
I was the same about boobs by the way, it freaked me out but after initial problems, i actually enjoyed the experience and i have to admit as much as i was scared about BF in public, i dont give a hoot now. Its weirdly liberating esp after people making comments about covering up. It made me more determined to carry on.
You can always hand express colostrum, it is great stuff especially during the winter with all the bugs. You can syringe feed colostrum, or spoon fees but make sure they show you how at the hospital.
If you decided to try, feel free to ask any of us via pm if you dont want to post. Cant believe you are going to have your baby soon and i am nearly half way! X

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Ewwww thats so wrong lol! but did she breast feed her pug for the pug pups? x

For some reason she couldn't BF her two children, she didn't go into why, tongue tie I think.
Anyway, she had milk and felt she was missing out on the experience so as she had a (fully grown) pet pug she put him to the breast and he latched! So she fed him for years!
Her kids know about it but have been told not to mention it in case they get bullied!!! Madness!! xx

Oh my god- that's just wrong I think I'm going to throw up my crumpets lol xx

I think by having separate sections it will just cause more of a divide . Does it really matter if we BF or FF feed . At least we are not starving our children xx

I think by having separate sections it will just cause more of a divide . Does it really matter if we BF or FF feed . At least we are not starving our children xx

I think of it more like additional sections eather than separate. Feeding and nutrition is very broad topic and i think having BF and FF sections would save people digging through loads of threads in Feeding and Nutrition. Just making it easier to find what you want. Not to.lock ourselves out

PP, if you decide to try, do read a lot about it as i totally didnt expect problems and wasnt prepeared. Not trying to scare you, just saying better be ready.
I was the same about boobs by the way, it freaked me out but after initial problems, i actually enjoyed the experience and i have to admit as much as i was scared about BF in public, i dont give a hoot now. Its weirdly liberating esp after people making comments about covering up. It made me more determined to carry on.
You can always hand express colostrum, it is great stuff especially during the winter with all the bugs. You can syringe feed colostrum, or spoon fees but make sure they show you how at the hospital.
If you decided to try, feel free to ask any of us via pm if you dont want to post. Cant believe you are going to have your baby soon and i am nearly half way! X

thanks hun, i wouldnt mimd hand expressing but i know id massively freak out at random women touching me, i dont even let oh touch them or even sleep without a bra, i tried an electric breast pump when i had charlie but within half a second the sensation weirded me out and i ended up selling it (thinking charlie was my first and last)

maybe ill feel differently when this ones born though :) x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Looks like there is separate sections now girls xxx x

To most I'd say no, it doesn't matter. It would be easier to say "if you might be offended or upset by a post, don't read it" or "if you read a post that upsets you, don't comment". But that is not the case is it.
Even better "if you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing". Again, that doesn't work.
So what is the answer?
At least with separate sections, if someone posts something nasty or tried to cause arguments then ladies can ask why they have entered a section that upsets them. Also, it means that mums can try to avoid a section that might upset them - works both ways x

thanks hun, i wouldnt mimd hand expressing but i know id massively freak out at random women touching me, i dont even let oh touch them or even sleep without a bra, i tried an electric breast pump when i had charlie but within half a second the sensation weirded me out and i ended up selling it (thinking charlie was my first and last)

maybe ill feel differently when this ones born though :) x

You dont need anyone to touch you. Ask them to show on a dummy breast ( we had them at antenatal). If it comes to it and you cant do it, i am sure bubs will be fine. I just found it weirdly amazing i can produce food lol but i can understand re feeling weird, it made me shudder at every thought. But i had a very firm mindset about doing what i could as there is family history of asthma and allergies so i persevered x

I agree with the divide :( I had hoped this wouldn't happen... yet anyway but after consideration the team feel it's best for the forum and it's members. I have also added a weaning section to the mix :D

The bummer is the mouse batteries are going and I haven't got any new ones in the house :dohh: so this will all be set up properly asap.

x

^wss
The dummy boob is great, my mw had like a knitted one with a nipple.
I can just imagine some little old ladies knitting loads of boobs lol x

I agree with the divide :sad: I had hoped this wouldn't happen... yet anyway but after consideration the team feel it's best for the forum and it's members. I have also added a weaning section to the mix :D

The bummer is the mouse batteries are going and I haven't got any new ones in the house :dohh: so this will all be set up properly asap.

x

Thank you :) xx

^wss
The dummy boob is great, my mw had like a knitted one with a nipple.
I can just imagine some little old ladies knitting loads of boobs lol x

Yeah thats the ones i am talking about, hilarous!

I think of it more like additional sections eather than separate. Feeding and nutrition is very broad topic and i think having BF and FF sections would save people digging through loads of threads in Feeding and Nutrition. Just making it easier to find what you want. Not to.lock ourselves out

That's an excellent way of putting it. It's not that we're locking anyone out, but it will allow any mummy who's suffering bf guilt and looking for ff advice to steer clear of posts that upset. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

haha, that gave me a giggle

thanks wobbles, its a shame there has to be seperate sections but it seems theres a need as threads always end up the same way. xx

For some reason she couldn't BF her two children, she didn't go into why, tongue tie I think.
Anyway, she had milk and felt she was missing out on the experience so as she had a (fully grown) pet pug she put him to the breast and he latched! So she fed him for years!
Her kids know about it but have been told not to mention it in case they get bullied!!! Madness!! xx

She didn't want her children to mention it for fear of bullying but she will put it in a magazine :dohh:

She didn't want her children to mention it for fear of bullying but she will put it in a magazine :dohh:

Hahaha yeah, that makes sense doesn't it :wall: x

hahaha! im going to take up knitting! i might ask my midwives about it when i see them next...and when bear goes to bed tonight ill do a thread with all my qs :) cpuld do it now im sat in the car with a cd on whilst hes asleep in the back, but sods law halfway through hed wake up x

I agree with the divide :( I had hoped this wouldn't happen... yet anyway but after consideration the team feel it's best for the forum and it's members. I have also added a weaning section to the mix :D

x

It's a shame there is a need to seperate the threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back