I will not give my baby formula!!!!!!!

I never usually comment on these threads but I have to say I think it's terrible the way some people carry on, this forum is meant for us to support each other not start debates/arguments. If you haven't got anything nice to say then don't comment!

I ff by choice as I didn't feel comfortable with the idea of bf and was even told by midwives that if it's something I'm not comfortable with it won't work and will stress both myself and the baby out. I don't have to bf to be a good mum and I don't care for opinions of those that think it is wrong to ff. I have the most respect for women like Cosmic who do bf even through difficult times. I do not think anyone should judge those that ff or those that bf, we are all feeding and caring for our babies which is the most important thing.

Last edited:
if your husband offered formula he was concerned over your well being, he won't understand, you are his love and he sees you in distress he wanted to help you! Don't forget about you...sometimes we think it's all about baby, but sometimes we need to remember ourselves, baby can sense distress!

Last edited:
I really admire.you cos and I've watched this thread and the comments and snipes made massive hugs love x

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

How's your nipple healing up? Did you find something to help it get better?

Just a thought but what about using a shield, might give it enough protection to help it heal over.

XX

Thanks for the lovely comments girls :friends:

The hole is still as big and painful but not as inflamed, hopefully this is the start of the healing??

I did try a shield but it was just as painful tbh and baby wouldn't feed with it on so we just persevered without x

Oooh sounds really painful pics looked sore too! Hope it heals soon cos xx

Thanks hun, it's toe curling and I do dread feeding him on it but I have to so just have to bite on a towel. It only hurts for the first 10-15 seconds but I still try to put him off feeding from it as long as possible, awful isnt it x

I don't Have any advice just hugs xx brave lady

Ta hun, not really brave, just don't have a choice in the matter.
I really do hope it heals soon because its really effecting my feeding experience and when I know it's time for that boob I literally shudder.
Wouldn't that be the full boob with great supply too :wall: x

Sods friggin law isn't it! Was telling my mum ( as you do ) and she said the end of her nipple like split in two! She also mentioned much towel biting !

Sods friggin law isn't it! Was telling my mum ( as you do ) and she said the end of her nipple like split in two! She also mentioned much towel biting !

:shock: ooooooouch!!!
I can bloody believe it though, I'm sure this baby has teeth, those gums are lethal!!!
Did it heal enough for your mum to continue to feed?
Even if mine doesn't heal, I have told myself that I will continue to feed. I have made a deal with myself that every month that I feed with the pain, I will buy myself something nice as a reward. I'm a bit sad like that, I can cope with bad things if I give myself something to balance it out!
I'm a psychologically driven person lol x

She expressed and bottle fed for a while as it was gushing she said and so painful! But it healed when she did that just depends whether you are happy introducing a teat I guess I imagine it's a risk that baby won't like the book after a bottle is that right?

Book???

Lmao boob! I doubt baby can read yet

Hahaha I think he possibly could, he's very clever yknow ;) xx

Happy to see the suggestion of a breastfeeding section has been listened to!

Was just reading through this thread (before the new section was added) and just wanted to say that you should be so proud of yourself Cos. I too felt sad reading at the beginning but that wasn't because of you, it was because of my own guilt for not persevering. I tried flippin hard don't get me wrong. Combination fed for 7 weeks and I know that's better than nothing. But due to the fact I couldn't fill her I ended up exclusively formula feeding. Everytime anyone talks about breastfeeding I feel sad just because I wish I could still do it. I do think though that people need to not be so defensive and realise that if they feel sad or angry at a bf thread it may be because of their own issues with their personal experience rather than the OPs post about their experience.

Anyway...this is irrelevant now there is another section but just thought it was a good point.

Hats off to you lady for persevering through it all xxxx

Ps-at the end of the day we are loving mummies wanting to make our babies happy and that's nothing to be ashamed of so group hug to you all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back