i think the raspberry leaf worked!!

it def works, a few of my friends that took it religously had really short labours, makes ur contractions more powerful...

I based my dosage from this http://www.pregnancy.com.au/raspberry_leaf.htm

But I have taken an extra tablet the past few days. Shall probably remain taking it till LO arrives now.

How is Raspberry leaf taken?

Raspberry leaf can be taken in tablet form, teabags, loose leaf tea, or as a tincture. Raspberry leaf can be purchased from many health food stores or from a health care practitioner. Due to the limited research on raspberry leaf - the ideal preparation and the ideal dosage is not known at this stage.

The following guidelines on consuming raspberry leaf during pregnancy have been taken from Parsons (1999):
Tablets - Take two 300mg or 400mg tablets with each meal (three times a day) from 32 weeks.

Teabags - 1st trimester- one cup per day -2nd trimester - two cups per day -3rd trimester - up to 4 to 5 teabag cups throughout the day.

Loose leaf tea - Bring one cup of water to the boil. Remove from heat and add one teaspoon of the herb. Stir, cover and let sit for ten minutes (do not boil the herb), strain and sip. Adding sugar or honey many improve the taste. 2 to 3 cups per day is often recommended especially after 28 weeks of pregnancy.

Tincture - A tincture is an alcoholic extract of the herb raspberry leaf. The dosage will depend on the strength of the tincture.

I've got some of the tea (it's really nice) :cheer: and recently ordered some tablets online, they haven't arrived yet but I just checked and-they are 640 mg-so how often should I take these? I'm guessing 1 with each meal 3 times a day-am I right??? :think:

ive just been and got some of the tablets from holland & barretts, £6.49 for 50, a bit pricey but if it might help its a bargain in my eyes, they are the 500 strength and ive just taken 2, i think i'll continue on 2 a day for the next week, does that sound about rite?

Oh bother, my midwife this week told me not to start until 37 weeks, but i guess that changes based on the dosage????

Can someone confirm that?

Sandi

Sandi4Paul said:
Oh bother, my midwife this week told me not to start until 37 weeks, but i guess that changes based on the dosage????

Can someone confirm that?

Sandi

I started on tea around 33 weeks. And increased the amount I drank to 4 cups a day but its an effort to drink so much. I went over to tablets as they are meant to be better anyways at 36 weeks and over a week built up from 2 x twice a day to 4 times x 2 a day now. I've stayed on the maximum dose and will do till birth.

It depends on the dose of the tablets how many you take each day. I posted about the dosage to take further up the page where is explains an average amount and when etc. Have a read of that should give you an idea of what you need to be on.

BeckyJ said:
ive just been and got some of the tablets from holland & barretts, £6.49 for 50, a bit pricey but if it might help its a bargain in my eyes, they are the 500 strength and ive just taken 2, i think i'll continue on 2 a day for the next week, does that sound about rite?

I posted a piece in this thread further up about the suggested dosage to take. Have a read of it and do the math to as close as you can get on that based on your tablets size. Should be easy enough :)

I took the tea from 37 weeks and my second stage was SUPERQUICK so I tend to agree :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back