I think something is wrong!!

Vickyxx

Reaction score
Hey Ladies

For the past two weeks I have been experiencing awful tummy pains, they feel like I have a stitch and something is digging under my ribs. They seem to be worse in the afternoon, been so bad at times that I have been doubled over in pain, first thought was they were ovulation pains but been doing tests daily and not had my LH surge, then thought it could be AF but its been two weeks now and nothing... done a PG test as a long shot but that was a bfn!!

I have booked an appointment to see the lead nurse at my surgery for tomorrow morning, I just have such a bad feeling about it all.. I think it is connected to my long and irregular cycles...

Sorry for going on.... but feeling a bit scared that something is wrong!

Don't really know what to say hun but I hope your OK!

xxx

Didnt want to read and run, dont have any advise just wanted to show support.

Hey Hun,

I know exactly how you are feeling, I often get pains and until I put my foot down last week and demanded tests as I was always fobbed off in the past.

The reasons you should be tested now are- long cycles, irregular cycles, the pain, I can't remember how long you have been TTC but if its a while that that's also a reason.

Don't worry hun, you do have something wrong like PCOS or a cyst etc, these thing are easily treated.

That's why I was a bit assertive last week, because there are simple tests they can do and simple solutions to any problems you may or may not have.

Try not to worry hun we might just be absolutely fine, with weird cycles but we deserve to have answers either way even if it is just for peace of mind.

I've just rang about my appointment and they said "Oh we've not done it yet" and I said "why not" and she said "what do you mean why not??" So I said "why haven't you done it yet, it's been a week" so she said "Oh, I'll TRY and do it today" BRILLIANT!!!

Big hugs to you hun, :hugs::hugs::hugs: xx

Hi Hun I had very similar pains to what you describe before I got pregnant, on my right hand side just under my ribs, it felt like I had pulled something, turns out I had a gall stone xx :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your support ladies means a lot.

I think I am freaking myself out and perparing myself for bad news... but I have been good and avoided googling the pains I am getting as I know that will just make me worse!!

Just hoping they will do something and not try and tell me its all in my head... I think i will go crazy if they try and say it is nothing, either that or I will have a complete meltdown... grrrrrr why cant things ever be simple!!

I keep on gettting OV type pains when i'm not ovulating, although not under my ribs - more against my pelvis - and i wonder sometimes if i have PCOS because i am a stone or so overweight.

I also seem to be very senstive to what i eat and can bloat so badly that i get lots of gas and related pains and that can be related to IBS.

I'm just trying to let you know that you're not the only one suffering from aches and pains, so maybe it's not abnormal?

I'd be really interested in what the nurse says, fingers crossed it's not bad news :)

I know what you mean Louise, I keep thinking maybe its IBS or a cyst .... hence why I have been avoiding google! Either way I am just after some answers now, if there is something wrong then let me know so we can try and fix it!!

I will let you know what the nurse has to say about it all tomorrow x

Good luck with your Doc - hopefully you get the answers you need! Any advice they can give on irregular periods would be a great help (AF due today - day 50 - no sign yet :-( )
Fingers crossed all is fine x

google intercostal condritus (contritis not sure how its spelt) had it a few years back its really painful its basically a pulled muscle tendon/ligament from your under your ribs I dont get it anymore but it felt like I was having a heart attack maybe ask your doc if it could be if you read its similar symptoms to what you are having good luck x

Ok so just seen the nurse today..... thank god she was lovely, I told her we had been trying for a year (small white lie) she asked our ages and I think the fact that I am 29 and DH is 33 may of helped in getting things done.

She has referred me to have blood tests done but I have to wait until CD 21 (am currently on CD 30 with no idea of when AF is due) they will test for: Thyroid Hormone, Prolactin Levels and Serum Progesterone.

If that all comes back ok then I will then be sent to have some scans done, this will show if it is PCOS.

If that comes back ok then I will be referred to a Gynaecologist for more advanced testing such as having dye put in my tubes to check for blockages etc...

Ohh and DH has to give a semen sample which means abstaining from sex for 48 hours and getting it to the hospital within an hour .... I havent told him that bit yet

Mentioned the pains to her but she said it could be a number of things, and all she can suggest is that I give it another couple of days to see if they settle down if not then make an appointment to see the Doctor.

As weird as it seems I just feel relieved that something is being done and I can now relax!!

Thanks for all your help girls... I swear men have no idea how easy they have it x

Oh that sounds really good Vicky :)

Glad they are taking you seriously - it makes me half tempted to book an appointment myself, although i think i'll wait for OHs results back first.

Yeah me to Louise, I had a horrible feeling that they would just send me away with no advice but thankfully she was really nice and helpful and was happy to put me forward for testing.

Do you know when your OH's results are due back ?

He hasn't had the test yet, he has it on the 21st i think which is a wait of about 2 week and then the results should be with his GP in a couple of days so it's just a case of making an appointment - by the end of the month hopefully :)

Hi Louise, we were told 15 days, but it turned out it was 15 working days, so actually more like three weeks! Just to warn you......

Well when he first went in we wanted to go private and the doctor insisted that it wasn't necessary because they'd be with us asap after the test was done, so if not he'll be getting an ear full ;)

I wouldnt like to be the doctor who says its going to take longer to you Louise ... LOL

I hope his results come back all ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back