Ovulating for three days. Is this normal?

notty

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

I have been using ovulation sticks and the ov line is still strong but this is my third day. I thought ovulation only took place over 24 hours? If so, is it normal to ovulate for 36 hrs and possibly more?
I'm also experiencing really bad ovulation pains on the left side of my abdomin; very much like period pains but with sharp popping sensations.
Do any of you experience these?

I get pretty strong lines for about 3 days too. I always go with the very darkest line I get as the day before ovulation. I always get the sharp pain in the side as you described, feels slightly like a bubble popping? I feel that this is my egg being released. I dont know that for sure, but thats what I like to imagine. Sometimes it only lasts for half hour, sometimes its really quite painful and lasts for hours. I usually get this on a Friday or Saturday night it seems :roll: Its good though for me to pinpoint ovulation. :)

Also, you can release 2 eggs per cycle, so that might be why you are getting 3 positive OPKs, 1 egg is released and then another usually within 24-36 hours. Get BDing lady you might have double the chance this month! :cheer: :cheer:

I got 3 positives in a row on the month I conceived Jacob so good luck! I would take it as a good sign. Gives you more of a chance to time bd'ing right!!!!

Hey thanks for your replies :D

Double the chance eh? I will deffinately keep my fingers crossed! Ovulation pains are quite severe, not had them this bad before but hey, at least i'm ovulating so can't moan too much. :D

I've just rung my OH in work and told him that he's not getting any tea until he's peformed :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back