I think my labour may be starting

stumpyjoe

Reaction score
After my sweep yesterday I had constant period type pains in my tummy and lower back and I bled a little bit. I took a couple of paracetamols and went to bed and I've actually managed to sleep. However, I've just been to the toilet a large blob of bloody mucus has come away and I'm still have the pains in my back and tummy.
I've taken some more paracetamol and come back to bed coz if this babys coming I'll need my rest. What do you think ladies? Is it the start? I'm getting nervous... It's what I want but it's still scary...

sounds like it worked to me too! yay... good idea to get rest while you can and don't worry you will be in very good hands.. once you're in labour you will find you just deal with it and you will probably be much better at dealing with than you expect yourself to be. good luck, stay chilled and keep us updated x x x

Constant period pains and back ache is definitely a strong sign that this is the beginning hun! Today could be the day you meet your little one, how exciting! Let us know how your getting on if you can x

Definitely sounds good I had my sweep,lost my plug then went into labour 24 hours later. Definitely think ul b today or tomorrow :yay: xx

i had a sweep in monning was in at night give birth early next morning it does work and yes i think you be in later having your baby good luck x

Awwww I hope you're getting some rest!
This is brilliant news, baby wants to come out now :)
Good luck and take care of yourself! xxx

Hits ladies well I had a few extra hours sleeps - the painkillers must have worked. Since I've woken up there has been non stop mucus - lovely! I've had a shower and lunch. The pain is still there constantly but then I'll get a stronger pain in my back and my lower belly, and there is a little pressure in my bum, I think they may be contractions but they aren't regular. I've not rang the hospital yet and I'm sending the husband to work at 4. He's doing a 4 till 1 shift. I've asked him to turn down any jobs that will mean he has to go a long way away but I doubt he will ha ha.
So fingers crossed this may be the start of a long labour.

Ooh sounding good Hun keep us posted and make sure your hubby is at the end of the phone in case you need him! xx

do some walking lol or bounce on a ball if you have one? help you come on a bit better

good luck honey, sounds like its about time! keep us posted :) xx

As soon as hubby is home - well tomorrow morning we are going for a walk and I'm gonna bounce but I don't want it coming on too fast until he's home. I'm still having loads of mucus everytime I go to the loo - it's like my virgins has a bad cold ha ha

Good luck! Hope all kicks into action when your hubby gets in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back