Hypnobirthing - not sure if I should go for it or not?

Zaza83

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am new to the forum not sure if I am posting in the right place (if not please someone tell me where to post!)

Someone told me about hypnobirthing and how it helps reduce the pain etc.
I am quite interested. I asked my hospital to send me their classes and they said they are £295 for the four week evening classes.

It is quite alot of money and before I go for it I just wanted to ask other people's experiences and if it has worked for anyone?

I am not sure whether I should go for it or not.

Any advice I can get will help me make a decision.

Thanks!

Never heard of it but I would say it's worth asking your midwife about that, I know that's not fantastically helpful but they would probably now a lot about pain remedies. I know people that have had hypno weightloss that has been ineffective but not known anyone with hypno birthing.

Yeah it is through my hospital they sent me a list of classes and one was about hypnobirthing! I didn't realise it was so expensive and that is why before I book I thought I would ask people their opinion!

I wouldn't do it just becasue I know everyone has a different mind set, some people are easily influenced some people aren't...some people are focused and some people aren't. But that just be me being too much fo a realist LOL. If it's right for you why not? I don't even want a water birth, I just want things to be normal (plus gas) :)

You can buy books and CD's on hypnobirthing. Personally I'd rather try those than forking out for the classes, but its ultimately up to u.
I'm very interested in hypnobirthing and have heard some great reviews on it x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I used natal hypnotherapy techniques. I got the cd off eBay for a fiver, loaded it onto my iTunes and then listened to it on my phone each night from 30 weeks.
My labour was 22hrs long and was a totally tranquil experience as i was so relaxed with my techniques. I was totally sceptical initially but it really did work for me!! I'll def be using it next time :)

I've just got a set of CD'S and a book by Maggie Howell called Natal Hypnobirthing. I wonderedabout the classes myself but came to the conclusion that I would be better off trying to learn something with my other half in the comfort of home by ourselves instead of going to a class where we might feel self concious or get a fit of the giggles (which I am quite prone to when I feel nervous!!!). The CD and book were about £50 from Amazon (hope this isn't advertising... just trying to help!!!)
I've listened to the first relaxation CD all this week and can honestly say it really does get you super relaxed - have fallen alseep a couple of times!!! The book is very informative and makes a lot of sense and although I have only just touched the surface of it I do feel calmer about the whole birthing process already. I do think it will benefit me during the birth of my baby - anything that keeps us both vaguely calm has got to be a good thing right?! Hope this helps a bit hun and good luck with what ever you choose.xxx

I am very interested in Hypnobirthing but I really don't want to pay £300 for classes!! At least not until I know a bit more about it...

I have already invested in a book and I'll see how I get on with that before making any decisions about whether to take it further.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back