hypnobirthing CD's?

Bunnykins

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone else considered going down the hypnobirthing route? I'm taking the bog standard NCT antenatal classes but I quite fancy learning some of the hypnobirthing techniques as well, as I am intrigued by some of the feedback I have heard about how they can really help in labour.

Dont get me wrong I still want all the pain relief that can be offered, but I thought if I could keep myself calm that I wouldnt tire out as easily (I'm not the fittest person in the world and am on the chunky side and am worried the stress of labour will about finish me off!!!).

I cant afford to take the hypnobirthing classes so I thought I might just buy a CD & book off amazon, but there are quite a few different ones so I am a bit :wall2: as to which one to get, and I didnt know if anyone had any prior experience or were considering doing the same thing?

Hey! I'd looked at the amazon stuff too a while back. Thinking it's a good idea even if I just listen to the cd's and remember a few things to keep me calm! Am sure I read that you need to get the UK version of some of them to get a cd with the book, but I don't trust that my baby brain is 100% accurate on that! lol- I'll have to have another look xxx

Hey! I'd looked at the amazon stuff too a while back. Thinking it's a good idea even if I just listen to the cd's and remember a few things to keep me calm! Am sure I read that you need to get the UK version of some of them to get a cd with the book, but I don't trust that my baby brain is 100% accurate on that! lol- I'll have to have another look xxx

Yeah that's kind of what I thought, if I only remember some of it then it still has to help!! If you find about the cd let me know, a book without the cd is pretty pointless!! I'm so useless at ordering stuff hence the help post I'd totally get the wrong thing!! Not sure I could relax to an American hypno cd the accent would put me off!! I love the Paul Mckenna cds I did his weightloss one and it was so relaxing I could have listened to his voice for hours its quite sexy lol :-D (shame about his face!!)

Think I will order it soon, I read the longer you listen the better. Hadn't thought American accent, might put me off too, think I'll check, altho it's a British site and a few people on here had suggested it

I'm also thinking that I will go down this route. Like you say, even if it only helps you to stay a bit calmer and in control then it has to be worth it. I think I'm going to buy the effective birth preparation cd from the Natal Hypnotherapy website that Sarah13 mentioned. I don't know if you're supposed to use the books in conjunction with the CD? If anyone could advise that would be ace.

Let me know if you decide to go for it and how you get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back