Hypno Birthing

BabyNumber1

Reaction score
Has anyone had or know anyone who has had any experience in hypno birthing??

Does it actually help in making the labour easier - obviously i know it wont be totally pain free but im looking for anything that will help leading up to the birth and help put me in the frame of mind where im not scared out of my wits!

:wave: My friend used a birthing pool and she said it was fantastic for pain relief. It was her 1st baby and she didn't know what to expect, plus she never went to any antenatal classes. She coped very well with just the pool, gas and air for pain relief. She swears by it and would seriously recommend it.

Oh and she didn't even have any idea that she would use a birthing pool...didn't even consider it in her birthing plan. It was her MW who suggested that she try it when she got to the hospital in labour. x

I have heard that is really good....The only problem i have with that is the 'other stuff' that comes out whilst giving birth - sorry for the tmi!!

I know that will be the last thing on my mind at the time when im trying to get a little person out of me but i would be so embarrassed if my OH noticed the MW scooping anything away... CRINGE

I havent had any ante natal classes yet... i need to ring up and get them sorted but i always find something else to do!!

Thanks for the reply though :):):)

I totally understand :) . My friend was the complete same. She said that she was worried that there would be loads of blood or that she'd poop herself and that it would be swirling around her :lol: But she said that all she noticed was a clear looking sack like thing which may have been her plug or something...but that there wasn't anything else. She also said that after the birth, they wheeled a shower in and she was able to stand up and get showered there and then as the water from the pool drained away. x

That sounds like the easiest labour ever!! A lot of people have said its all really weird and ikky and stuff but thats really lucky for her :)

I hope mine is as easy as that! Im the worst with pain... my arm goes dead for an hour after a blood test... :/

Hi hun,

I've got a hypnobirthing CD and listened a few times - it's really helped me to relax and understand more about the whole birthing process; even my hubby who's a complete skeptic has listened and found it's given him some ideas' about things to say and do as my birth partner!

This is my first baby too so no idea if it will actually help at the time, but I feel more prepared and able to accept the physical challenges and breathe through them!

x

Ah cool ill have to invest in one of those... i might just explore all options! I seriously havent got a clue about all this haha!

I used natal hypnotherapy which is the British 'version', if you like, of hypnobirthing. I found it helped a lot! It was my second baby but with a 6 year age gap it felt like my first! Lol! I had wanted a home birth but on the day there wasn't any midwives available to come out so I did end up in hospital and the hypnotherapy helped me to not only cope with the pain of labour but also with things not going 'to plan'. I actually reached 8cm at home with no pain relief and when I did go to the hospital I went from 8-10cm in minutes. I had entonox for 3 contractions before having to push! The hypnotherapy also helped me to keep calm when I was rushed to high dependancy and also when Seb arrived so fast he was blue! I would highly recommend doing it! It was absolutely fantastic and I'd definately do it again!

I did hypnobirthing and it definitely helped! My birth story should still be in the labour and birth section of the forum if you want to have a read (was end of Feb I put it on) I have NO pain threshold (need morphine for a paper cut, hehe!) and ended up giving birth at home with no pain relief. Feel free to send me a private message directly if you have any questions about it all x

obviously i know it wont be totally pain free

you know sometimes it really isnt that painful, we all share birth horror stories in our culture which makes women really scared, fear makes your senses more heightened so will make you feel pain worse. I think we've got ourselves into a viscious cycle!

I had a high level of intervention but hypnobirthing definatelty helped me, Id recommend it 100% I think the NHS should fund it :oooo:

i never did any classes but gemma (rayoflight) on here helped me so much, that i practised it, and got through labour with only gas and air for 1 hour! its amazing and id thoroughly recommend it. x

My method at the minute is just to not think about it and have my mind on other things... then just hope it comes as a surprise ... heres hoping haha :)

my sister did hypnobirthing. She too was completely terrified of anything hospital or labour related. She went a few days over, after pessary her labour lasted just 2hrs and 50 mins! She said her birth wasn't completely pain free but it all happened that fast that she was able to cope x

I have been struggling to finish the book by Marie Mongan - which makes me think maybe hypnobirthing isn't for me but for now I am keeping an open mind. I will make a decision on whether I am going to do it in the next couple of weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back