Hypno Birthing

Tara1985

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm sure there's been a thread on this but couldn't find a recent one and just wanted to share a birth story :)

My OH's SIL had a baby girl last month and I finally got to meet her yesterday. So first question to the mother was how was the birth?!!

OMG she has made me feel like I can do labour without any drugs (with the exception of gas and air). The hypno birthing classes were £300 so she just bought a book and a CD and felt they taught her how to deal with labour with breathing and relaxation techniques.

In total she took 2 hours to dilate and was in labour for 4 hours and 40 minutes. She was lucky enough to labour in the pool and she said this defnitely helped. I asked her how long it took to push and she said she didn't push...I was confused by this but that's what she said. Once she was dilated she had three contractions and the baby was out :shock: She said it was painful but the breathing techniques she used really helped. So I came home with a load of hyno birthing stuff and thought I'd give it a whirl.

Don't get me wrong, I won't feel like a failure if I ask for every drug under the sun. I understand every woman is different and deal with labour whatever way they can but I was really inspired by such a positive story rather than hearing how horrid it can be. It didn't help me to witness my nephews birth, my poor sister was there for three days with no progress - she had a rough time so it's really lovely to hear when the women had a good experience.

Has anyone else got a hypno / positive birth story or what are your thoughts on delivery methods. Yes we all want as quick as possible...:lol:

xxx

I'm ashamed to say I was decided to try it, but the shock of how painful it really was made me forget everything, including my own name - I didn't remember I'd brought my CD with me.

It probably would have helped if I'd remembered!

(I started labour in the pool as well, and it's very nice, would definitely recommend it)

It's great to hear positive birth stories. I would definitely like a water birth and after hearing this I'll definitely look into hypno birthing. Which CD did she use hun? xxx

Ish - you got your baby hear safasana sound so all good :) Even if a get a little bit of the pool I think it will help me relax.

Taffy - It's called effective birth preparation from the natal hypnotherapy company but she got the cd and book on amazon for £45 so still not dirt cheap...maybe eBay has them cheaper?

xx

I'll have a dig online and let you know if I find any cheaper. I know some of the girls have said one of the CD's has an American woman talking on it and she has quite an annoying voice so I think I'll have to avoid that one as otherwise I'll concentrate on the voice and knowing my OH he'll think it's funny to mimic the woman - wouldn't be the most relaxing experience :) xxx

Hahaha yeah that would be annoying...don't think it's an American voice. xx

I've got the maggie Howell one.

I'm hoping it will be very useful

I'm going to invest defo - my auntie had her son in next to no time... She was wandering around the labour unit helping other people when she was pretty far dilated (cant remember the exact cm!). She said it really helped her. Mind you I'll try anything as I'm terrible with pain lol. Xx

The Maggie Howell natal hypnotherapy is the English one, I used that one and had a great labour, I didn't even know baby had come out!!!

That's the one I have and I am enjoying listening to it so far! x

so did any of you do the actual course? and links to where i can get the CD from?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back