Hypno birthing?

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Has anyone on here thought of, or tried hypno birthing? The idea really appeals to me but I have no idea how to get into it!

Anyone know if you just buy books/CDs or are there classes you could attend?

Anyone able to recommend?

Many thanks x

Last edited:
Hypnobirthing is fantastic. I didn't attend the classes but read the book and listened to the positive affirmations cd every day. The book is called simply 'Hypnobirthing' by Marie Mongan. Google for classes in your area.

Hypno is all about releasing your body of fear and looking upon birth with a positive attitude - the bit that I did definately helped me to maintain control.

My sister attended the classes and did a fear release session as well - she sailed through labour which lasted under 4hrs! (Mine was under 7). Really short labours for first time mummys! Good luck!

I have 3 cd's that hubby has bought me, I believe it was from amazon.

I am completely trying this, I don;t like the thought of my baby or me being stressed through an experiance that is as natural as the sun coming up everyday :)

I can see what they are called if you like :)

I googled hypnobirthing classes in my area and found one, will be starting next month. 4 sessions in total, Costs £250 x

Last edited:
i just bought the book yesterday, im going to read the book and listen to the cd. Def want to do this.

Thanks ladies.

I googled the classes and they seem quite expensive so I'm not sure if we will go to the classes. I'm hoping that just reading the books and listening to the CDs will be enough.

Yes bellariven if you could let me know what they're called that'd be lovely x x

I used natal hypnotherapy cd. I had a really good labour, it was 22hrs but only had a few mins gas n air and didn't need any other pain relief. It was a peaceful, wonderful experience and I was totally relaxed. I'm sure the hypnotherapy worked for me, def worth a go x

I'm definitely going to look into this - got nothing to lose, and if it helps relax me then everything to gain. When di they recommend you start?

oooh ive just had to look it up to see what it is and i like the idea of that x

I started at about 32 weeks but really stepped it up from 34, listening at least once a day. Good job really as he arrived 3 weeks early! The one I used is by Margaret Howell x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back