Hyonobirthing//Natural Birthing

Having gone through what I just have I'm glad I didn't have a home birth in the end even though I loved the idea of one. But then I guess what happened to me isn't very common, plus they prob would have moved me in good time. I did stay home as long as I could though, I def agree the home environment is so much better for getting labour progressed x

Hello ladies : ) staying at home as long as possible I feel is best, you get to be in your own environment, calm and relaxed, you'll know when your in established labour and ready to go in! I went in whilst having contractions and they kept trying to get me to go home even though I wanted to push! I stood my ground though and well 2 hours later little baby girl was born : ) who has had Hypnobirthing here? Im a teacher and love hearing different stories x x

Those who are planning to hypnobirth or who have had a hypnobirth - what are you doing about vaginal checks/examinations? I'd rather not be checked, doesn't seem to go along with the my body and baby knows best view point.

Only issue I can see is that I'd like to spend the later part of labour and birth in the pool but at the birthing centre they won't let you get in until you are 5cm...

I'm planning on staying at home as long as possible, so hoping that by the time I get to the BC I won't be too long off delivering but will the midwives let me get in the pool if I haven't been checked?
You have the right to decline vaginal examinations, some women feel fine but some uncomfortable like myself did. It can cause you to tense up again. Trust your body and your instincts you will know when to push, they should still let you get in the pool once in established labour. Getting in too early can slow it down so always best to go in once contractions start to feel really powerful x x

Hello ladies : ) staying at home as long as possible I feel is best, you get to be in your own environment, calm and relaxed, you'll know when your in established labour and ready to go in! I went in whilst having contractions and they kept trying to get me to go home even though I wanted to push! I stood my ground though and well 2 hours later little baby girl was born : ) who has had Hypnobirthing here? Im a teacher and love hearing different stories x x

Im due thursday and hoping for hypnobirth. Did the 2x workshops and been practising with cds since 20wks. Its completed changed my attitude to birth/labour - i was frightened and now i feel empowered to trust my body and instincts more. I'm still going in with am open mind which i think is importantbut im really excited rather than scared now - so that alone means something is working.

Have loved it so far... X

Ive done a 5 week course, saw our teacher once a week for 4 consecutive weeks in Jan/Feb and will see her once more next Tuesday when i'll be 38 weeks to go over everything. Was 37 weeks yesterday so can start practising the down breathing now too. Feel very excited and calm for labour.

I'm so excited for labour. I'm glad I'm going to be in the Home From Home unit at one of the best hospitals in the country. THAT makes me feel safe and secure and will allow me to relax fully, knowing I'm in the best place in case of complications.

I really love this thread, reading people's experiences with Hypno birthing. So lovely to read that even when it doesn't all go to plan, women are still having positive birthing experiences because they are calm no matter what and trust their bodies.

As Melanie said, I feel so empowered now to give birth. Reading through all this positivity definitely helps me feel even more sure of my decision to Hypno birth!

Its great stuff huh... Feeling so positive about it all. Hope i get the birth i want - but as u say so far so good in terms of positive mental attitude...

Cant wait to meet our little fella xx

Don't know if you'll be able to get it on catch up but my mums just called me to say that the Country Midwives on BBC wales tonight they are talking about hypnobirth. I've got it on record for later :)

Any ladies who have posted here and had their babies care to share their experiences? :D

Any ladies who have posted here and had their babies care to share their experiences? :D

I didn't get my water hypnobirth unfortunately :( Gutted! Had a really slow labour and had to have an emergency csection in the end as Max was in distress. Turned out there was a knot in his cord. The hypnobirth CD's and techniques definitely helped in the earlier stages at home though and I got to 6cm on gas and air before things kicked off x

I used the hypnosis cds during pregnancy and early stages of labour.

I was really relaxed as i approached the birth, managed to stay home with just 2 paraceptamol, my TENS machine and bouncing on my birthing ball, while listening to the birthing companion cd. I was quite relaxed, managed at home overnight (labour started 9pm) and went to hospital 5.30/6ish. I was examined and i was 7/8cm dilated! Felt like a rock star!!! :)

I got in the water (always wanted a water birth) at 7am - my little one was born 12.25 with just gas and air for the last couple of hours). Definitely attribute my calmness and ability to manage at home so long to the cds. Baby remained calm despite long and drawn out last stage.

Definitely recommend... :)

I don't know if it worked for me (I never fully "got" the techniques) BUT I loved the Maggie Howell book - all the theory behind childbirth is amazing.

I did use the CD from 32w though and will do again this time.

I struggled with early labour, managed to get to 5cm at home but then things stalled for me and I ended up on the drip, in the labour ward (after being in the birthing centre this was a huge disappointment).

I say that I don't think it worked but I managed to naturally deliver baby after 51 hours in labour without any assistance and not even a graze so who knows? Oh and I didn't have an epidural either - Dr's almost laughed in my face when I refused it as they put the drip in and said they'd see me in an hour when I was begging for an EPI. I found I managed to pain of 6cm - 10cm much better than I managed the pain of early labour. Pushing was my favourite part - so liberating!

MW's were amazed that I was able to deliver baby naturally after such an epic labour but I did!! Not sure if it was down to the hypnobirthing though lol.

So whilst the whole visualisation stuff didn't work for me, I was calm and happy leading up to labour. I had no fear, I wasn't stressed and I felt amazing.

Will def be using the CD again.

The book and CD is relatively cheap (you don't need the classes? although if you want them they are meant to be great) so it's worth a go.

No-one should be afraid of labour. I found the Maggie Howell book gives very good examples and reasons why labour is not to be feared.

X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back