Hyonobirthing//Natural Birthing

I am hoping to avoid as many internal examinations as possible as they aren't pleasant AND as you say they aren't in line with 'trusting your body and going with instinct'. So I guess they will want to examine me on arrival at the hospital, and then I'm hoping to avoid them throughout, but we'll see.

Like anything - open mind I think... there might be something that happens that causes concern, so then I would want them to make sure all was OK. So for instance if after a few hours things slowed down or stopped, or if baby distress (I know they can check for cord location etc sometimes)... so we'll see.

x

I will allow a check once I'm in there and then shall try avoid it unless they have cause for concern or need to know for birthing pool etc I don't want anything set in stone because until I'm in labour I don't know how I'll be feeling or what my body is doing but the idea in my head is to manage with as little medical intervention as possible... But we shall see haha

I've put on my birth plan that I'd like it kept to a minimum. I have a tendency to "lock up" during a smear and I find them very painful as a consequence, so I'm not keen on being examined anyway

I'm very excited because I've been considered 'high risk' because I have lupus so was told id need to be hooked up to a monitor the whole labour and not be allowed water birth etc but yesterday I saw my consultant who is very happy with my pregnancy so far and has said I am now low risk so can use my hospitals Home From Home birth centre instead of the main birthing ward for my labour!

I'm so happy as this means I won't have any anxieties about not being able to properly do the techniques and can listen to my body with no medical people telling me I'm not allowed to do this, that and the other!

Been up since 4am so been reading my birth prep book and feeling very empowered and excited now hehe just wanted to share my happiness with people who would understand! :-D

Sarah that's great news :)

I've got the midwife on Thursday to go over my birth plan so will speak to her about the examinations, hopefully they will be happy if I say i'll have one when I go in to see if i'm dilated enough for the pool but after that i'd just like to be left to it.

Thanks lovelies :)

Hey ladies I just wanted to say that although my birth plan went out of the window due to baby being back to back, hypnobirthing really helped and I'm so pleased I did it. It really goes to show that no matter how labour goes it can help you remain calm, positive and focused. Good luck with all of you births x x x

Last edited:
Sarah - that's great news! So pleased for you.. :)

Naomi - so pleased it helped. Hoping that it will help keep me chilled regardless of whatever will be, will be... :)

xx

Naomi I read about your birth, so glad you shared your story, not enough hypno birthing stories so thank you! X

Any of you ladies having a homebirth? I'm starting to wish I was :/

Nope but like you I kinda wish I was in a way as I love the idea of a home birth. I thought with it being my first I'd go to the birth centre as it's actually in the hospital so got the best of both worlds, just in case something should happen, but I am feeling a bit anxious about the whole 'when's the best time to go in' and all that as I'm about 35 mins away.

I agree with Tam - i wouldve liked to do it at home, but as its my first - its that whole unknown thing. We are 20-30mins from hospital so u never know. If this one goes smoothly - would def consider next time :)

X

After an horrific sand terrifying first birth with my son, I decided to do hypnobirthing for the birth of my daughter.

such a different experience !! fully dilated in 4 hrs and the first time they checked me! i wasnt even on the labour ward and i was so calm, she had to ask for a second opinion as couldnt find my cervix but couldnt believe i could be that far along as i was so calm!!

so no pain relief whatsover!! I wouldnt say it was pain free - it was just manageable, my body went with it and responded so well!!

I relgiously done it 3 x a week from 30 wks and daily from 36wks, would def recommenc xx

Agree, its lovely to hear hypnobirth stories, especially seeing as most of the birth stories you hear are the awful ones!

I am thinking more and more about home birth, I asked at the NHS birth centre class what would happen if you were coping very well at home and left it too late and got a very patronising "first time mums always call in plenty of time, most get turned away as they aren't as far along as they thought" I also wonder if the transfer to birth centre might slow things down....

Got midwife today so might ask her about home birth but I just wonder if at 36 weeks I've left things bit late on that front.

That's what I'm thinking Ams, I'm expecting to cope very well at home and I'm worried going to an unfamiliar place and being messed with could slow me down. That said I'm walking distance from my birthing centre (which is in the hospital) So theoretically I could leave it until VERY late if I wanted to.

I would be happy to birth in my bath lol

Last edited:
I'm going to get an eye mask and take my ipod and earphones in the car and use those for the drive, it's not far but in the day light it could be v distracting without them. We're about 2 miles from the hospital/birth centre, we know where we are going so hopefully no stress just get there, get into a room and see how we go. Might do the fear release part of my cd for these worries so they aren't playing on my mind before baby comes.

Any of you ladies having a homebirth? I'm starting to wish I was :/

Is it too late to change to a homebirth? I had one and was so pleased I did. 2 midwives completely dedicated to me throughout my entire labour. It made me feel so relaxed and safe

I am considering a home birth for my 2nd and feel quite excited about it after chatting things through with my midwife. She's very supportive and quite pro home birth and said I can change my mind to go to hospital/stay at home at anytime so might still be worth talking to your midwives about a possible home birth xx

Im planning a home birth too, i think going into hospital can slow things down for some ladies, its suddenly not in your own relaxing environment, def best to leave it until you feel you need more support if your planning a hospital birth. x

I am thinking more and more about home birth, I asked at the NHS birth centre class what would happen if you were coping very well at home and left it too late and got a very patronising "first time mums always call in plenty of time, most get turned away as they aren't as far along as they thought" I also wonder if the transfer to birth centre might slow things down....

We were told that a lot but I left it too late (called labour line 45 mins after waters broke) and ended up having an unplanned home birth under midwife care as I was fully dilated by the time the midwife got to me to assess and there was no way I was leaving the house by that point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back