Hypnobirthing & Waterbirths

Levi89

Reaction score
I had a quick look to see if I could find any birth stories regarding having a waterbirth and using hypnobirthing and couldn't find anything...

So just wondered if anyone had heard any stories about using the two techniques together? I'm wanting to do both... basically I'm absolutely crapping it and now I'm in Tri3 I guess I need to face the facts that I need to think about these things :shock::shock::shock:

Also - with hypnobirthing is it best to go to classes or do you think its ok to self teach? Hmmm... so many questions!! Lol.

Cheers ladies xxx

I can't be of much help yet honey, but I'm doing both too (of all goes to plan). I'm doing a cd as We couldn't afford the program so I will let you know how my birth goes when I finally pop lol! But don't worry hon, I was pooping it at the start of tri 3 and now I am so looking forward to labour! I think you get more excited when you get to the end, probably something your hormones do! X

Aw Verity I will now be your stalker! Lol.. Yeah please let me know how it goes - I really cant wait to read your birth story!

I was so excited about the labour at the start but these past few weeks with One Born Every Minute being on - everyone wants to share the bad bits of labour. Which scares me. Lol! xxx

This is also what I want to do. I have been reading the Marie Morgan book and the cd. I feel really positive towards it all. I'm also doing yoga which I think is helps so much. Let's hope I get this as I have it all in mind.

I promise to write it up quickly just for you! Fx it all goes to plan.

OBEM is very scary at times but it really does show the extremes at either end. When watching it I veer between being terrified of the pain because women are screaming to guilty that I might not handle it as well as the super quiet women lol. I posted about hypnobirthing in labour and birth and a lovely PF lady did say it really helped her and I have the same cd as her so made me feel more confident xxxxx

I am planning to do both - I did manage to get to the classes but to be honest doing the cd and reading the book would be enough along with your antenatal classes - really looking forward to labour - sometimes I have a wee wobble but most of the time I feel very positive - I have been reading the birth stories in Ina May's book - Guide to Childbirth - and they are all about empowering births - some are natural and some are medicated but are not dramatised - I would say def try to do the cd regularly I have been really good the last few weeks and I can get relaxed so much faster but before that I was only listening once or twice a week - now it more like twice a day LOL

The last few days I have had some tough BHs and the cd has really helped as has the breathing :)

I was planning to do both, but completely forgot everything, including my own name, once the pain started. So the hypnobirthing went down the drain. I got in the pool for a short stint, but baby was facing the wrong way, it was taking ages, mw told me to push way too early, the stupid cow, so decided to switch to the regular birthing unit and have an epidural, which was the best decision I could make!

Sorry this isn't asuccess story, but I have heard lovely things about waterbirths, I just got unlucky.

Last edited:
Also stalking as this is exactly what I want (if I get the chance) x

I am planning to do both (at home if possible). I have been using the natal hypnotherapy cds (which is basically the british hypnobirthing, I found the american accents too annoying!!).

this was my origional plan but then i got so freaked out looking at OBEM and bringing baby home so decided i needed all the drugs i can get

now iv calmed down a bit iv decided if im ok with the pain on gna il hop in the pool with the option to get out and have the epi if im not coping with things

will defo be looking out for the birth sotories in the pool with hypno x

Is it essential to do a course for hypnobirthing then or can you just buy CDs? xx

CDs are a lot cheaper. I've spoken to a few girls who have done both and they said the sourse is great if you can afford it but you can still do it with the cds.

Cool, don't think I could justify spending a load of money on a course but I'd love to do it xx

I have my cd ordered from amazon and am hoping to have a water birth too if the circumstances allow.

I also look forward to hearing about everyone else's experiences!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back