Hypnobirthing CDs and 'birth' music

yeh, the cd does say about letting negative comments and stories just wash over you......I try hard when people go about pain and how bad it can be to think 'that was them, this is me, everyone is different and the more anxious I get the worse it could be, so try and keep calm and trust my body'
I guess there will always be people who are sceptical!

Hope your labour kicks off soon bunnykins! xx

I'm really believing in all the things i'm reading in the book, it makes total sense to me. We all need to make sure that if it works for us, we give it a big plug on here to get other people into it, spread the word.
I've a long way to go, so hoping with all the prep i'll be really able to relax when labour starts and hopefully speed it up.
The bit about a woman being 8cm dilated at home and then when she got taken to hospital because of complications and a man abruptly poked around down there, causing fear meant she shrunk back to 4cm's was interesting. And yes I'd struggle to relax enough to go to the loo in broad daylight with lots of people watching!!! I'm even starting to think home birth might be the answer to avoid all the possible stresses.

hahah!! I must listen to my cd more. Did you have a book as well, or just the leaflet that came with the cd? x

Just wondered how everyone is getting on with their hypnobirthing? I've been watching a few hypnobirth related videos on you tube and they do seem much calmer. I have the book and the amount of times that you read in the birth stories that the midwife judged they weren't that far along because they seemed too relaxed!

Still just listening to my cd - probably 3 times per week. Don't know if it will work or not though but it does relax me :)

i put mine on for the first time tonight and i have to admit that it made me giggle :blush: i think i need to be in the flat on my own for it to work, going to try tomorrow evening x

JUst ordered mine today, been offered to take part in a hypnobirthing trial at our local hostpital women who agree are being split into two groups ones with tradional pain relief and others who do the hypnobirthing, apparently if you get choosen to be in the hypnobirthing group you get given the cd and also see a hypnosist twice as well, im covering all bases and looking into it myself just in case I dont get choosen! LOL

I have had my 3rd session with a hypnobirthing practioner - trying to listen to the cd most nights - really think it is helping me look forward to the birth :)

Anyone else doing the hypnobirthing cd's? Or got any stories or tips? Just wanted to bring the subject back up.

i have just had one delivered today.......so need to get it on my ipod and get listening

I used the British version-hypnotherapy and loved it! It helped me so much during labour and I would highly highly recommend it! Good luck everybody x x

Anyone else doing the hypnobirthing cd's? Or got any stories or tips? Just wanted to bring the subject back up.

You can read my birth story in my signature link, I listened to the cd and it worked really well for me I totally recommend it :) I'd give birth again tomorrow if I could it was the best most positive experience of my life!

You can read my birth story in my signature link, I listened to the cd and it worked really well for me I totally recommend it :) I'd give birth again tomorrow if I could it was the best most positive experience of my life!
i think i must have the same cd as you....all sounds familiar. only listened to it once so far as only got it on tuesday....hope it works for me too xx

I've been listening to the relaxation one occasionally but it is hard to ffit is in around work and other things to do. I think I'm meant to start listening to the birth one at 32 weeks so next week and I think I will have to make sure I do that more often to get the best out of it.

yeah...im going to 'try' and listen at least 3 times a week up to about 35 weeks and then everyday if i can from then on, but we shall see

x

I have the natal hypnotherapy one I listened to it religiously and had a fantastic labour with only a few minutes of gas and air and that was it! I was totally relaxed :) x

I have the natal hypnotherapy one I listened to it religiously and had a fantastic labour with only a few minutes of gas and air and that was it! I was totally relaxed :) x

was it the one that you get about 35 mins of the main thing as track 2 and then 15 mins relaxing bit as track 3?

xx

Bringing this back up to the top of threads....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back