Hypno-birthing

Noor

Reaction score
Hi ladies,upon reading some of the birth stories on here i have become intersted in the possibility of hypnobirthing.

Does anyone have any advice on tecniques or products?? I have read about cds and books. Not sure which to go with tho. Or which brand have been tried and tested and found to work well.

I would love to hear ur stories! (good and bad)

Please advice. Thanks girls. :):):)

I'm doing a course, I'm sure you'll find one locally x

I found the local hypnotherapy courses to be really expensive, but I'm doing a LazyDaisy course, which is like an antenatal relaxation class. I had my first one last night and it was really good. Bits of yoga and breathing, and a visualisation/relaxation session at the end. I really liked it xx

I bought the 4 cd set of Maggie Howell's natal hypnotherapy cd's off ebay for about £20. I had quite a difficult birth in the end- (had to be induced and LO came 17 days late) but I do think the cd's helped me cope with worrying about the birth during the last trimester and with trying to stay calm during the whole thing when we kept having set backs. The cd's are a pregnancy relaxation one, effective birth preperation, birth music and postnatal recovery. You use the relaxation one to start off with and move to the birth preparation one nearer the time. I know some people didn't like the womans voice on the cd's but I didn't mind it (not sure if they had the same cd's as me or an american version).......Have heard lots of positive stuff on natal hypnotherapy but if u do do it I would make sure its on your birth plan or something coz Ive heard of some women being almost ready to give birth and being told not to come in coz they dont sound like they're far enough along over the phone coz they are so calm!
My main piece of advice from my own experience would be to be open minded about how labour and giving birth will go. The natal hypnotherapy got me thinking about it all going smoothly and naturally and when it didnt I did feel a big sense of dissappointment. It didn't matter of course in the end because I had a gorgeous baby boy, but its something to bear in mind! Good luck xxx

I bought the 4 cd set of Maggie Howell's natal hypnotherapy cd's off ebay for about £20. I had quite a difficult birth in the end- (had to be induced and LO came 17 days late) but I do think the cd's helped me cope with worrying about the birth during the last trimester and with trying to stay calm during the whole thing when we kept having set backs. The cd's are a pregnancy relaxation one, effective birth preperation, birth music and postnatal recovery. You use the relaxation one to start off with and move to the birth preparation one nearer the time. I know some people didn't like the womans voice on the cd's but I didn't mind it (not sure if they had the same cd's as me or an american version).......Have heard lots of positive stuff on natal hypnotherapy but if u do do it I would make sure its on your birth plan or something coz Ive heard of some women being almost ready to give birth and being told not to come in coz they dont sound like they're far enough along over the phone coz they are so calm!
My main piece of advice from my own experience would be to be open minded about how labour and giving birth will go. The natal hypnotherapy got me thinking about it all going smoothly and naturally and when it didnt I did feel a big sense of dissappointment. It didn't matter of course in the end because I had a gorgeous baby boy, but its something to bear in mind! Good luck xxx

^^this

I did the natal hypnotherapy too and it helped me relax in the last few weeks of pregnancy and sleep well. It was worth it for that alone.

I think it might have helped me out if I hadn't had such a difficult labour that went on for too long.

I just bought the 1 CD which was the 'Maggie Howell natal hypnotherapy effective birth preparation for giving birth in a hospital'. It worked fab for me just listening to that each night, and I didnt need the book or the course, I will be using it again if I ever am fortunate enough to have another baby :)

I did notice she also does a CD for morning sickness, as I suffered terribly from hypremesis throughout my pregnancy I might also give this ago if I got pregnant again lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back