Hubby away for a couple of days and other things...

Sherlock

Reaction score
I dropped him off at the train station for 8.30am this morning and he is on his way to Canterbury for a training day tomorrow. My first night without him being here since I found out we were expecting :?

My parents are coming up for the day today though, so I don't get lonely. My father is going to do some odd jobs round the house as he loves his DIY, so child gates will be fitted on the stairs, microwave will be fitted on a specially made shelf and a few other things done also in preparation for Baby Bumps arrival :) I get to sort out some baby stuff with my mother :)

Alas our drain seems to be blocked again (it would appear that its broken somewhere further down the pipe) so its out with the drain rods later. Joy :shock: :puke:

Bump has been very active this morning. Not had the usual routine and has rebelled against the change :lol: Really was not an impressed Bump to be sat in a car for over an hour driving first thing.

And you may remember we lost our little Daisy dog recently. And Bowie a couple of months before that. We thought long and hard about waiting till Bump was here and 6 months plus old but I could not bear to be without a dog for so long, so I'd like to introduce you to the latest addition to our household....

ERIC the Whippet :D He's put a smile back on my face and is just a complete sweetheart. He's adorable and the friendliest little chap. Plenty of time to settle in before Bump arrives also :)

img4934cv8.jpg

Aww Sherlock!

He is a very very handsome boy! :wave: Eric!!

Glad you have a nice day planned!

xxx

Hes lovely hope you enjoy yourself today. :D

Eric looks so comfortable sitting there :D I am glad you decided on another dog, after living with them, a house isnt a home without at least one.

Is he a rescue? Whippets are so delicate looking and Eric has such a sweet face, he reminds me of my sisters Greyhound, Tulip, mind you she is a bit taller :)

Enjoy your day, and the new man in your life :D

he is lovely, you should put him in new arrivals :rotfl:

Dogs are so great and Eric is a fab name.

Aww he is beautiful! I'd love a dog! As soon as we have our own place i'll be out looking! hehe he is sooo cute!

Hope you're ok without hubby! Glad you've got Eric for company! xxx

jue said:
Eric looks so comfortable sitting there :D I am glad you decided on another dog, after living with them, a house isnt a home without at least one.

Is he a rescue? Whippets are so delicate looking and Eric has such a sweet face, he reminds me of my sisters Greyhound, Tulip, mind you she is a bit taller :)

Enjoy your day, and the new man in your life :D

O he has settled in really well. Took him two days to find the sofa and now its his domain during the day and he goes to his dog bed in the evenings of his own accord. He seems to know its for us to sit on then :lol:

I could not bear to be dogless as I felt that if we got out of the habit of having them, we may keep putting off getting another one later on. I thought of both sides, getting one now and waiting and weighed it all up. Hubby agreed we could go look at some Whippets (and admitted later he had been hoping there was nothing there we liked enough to bring home but he fell for Eric also so :lol: ), but we were open minded and nothing was set.

Eric came from a breeder who had a litter of 3 12 week old pups and also 3 older dogs (6 months) that she had yet to sell. We went to see the older ones only and lo, there was this gorgeous face and after 2 hours there, getting to know the 3 of them, we really felt Eric was for us. He was calm with hubby, took to us and so we got him then and there :D

We considered another rescue doglet but most centres won't consider us as we are expecting a baby and once LO is here most won't rehome a dog unless the children are over 5. Which is fair enough. So I didn't spend time going round them.

I know Eric is still an unknown in some ways but he was brought up around children (the lady who bred him has 5 kids, youngest 5 weeks old), keeps horses, chickens and cats. And he was fine with everyone and everything. Whippets are not aggressive dogs. I've never known them be anything other than bouncy and happy. I love the breed and hubby didn't want anything bigger or yappy and tiny and having had Daisy who was mostly Whippet we are used to their ways. He has plenty of time to settle in here before LO arrives now which is nice.

And hehehe at the 'new man' in my life :lol: That's what my hubby said also. But he is just as taken with Eric as I am. Spends lots of time with him :roll:

lauramumof2 said:
he is lovely, you should put him in new arrivals :rotfl:

Dogs are so great and Eric is a fab name.

:rotfl: There's an idea :think: New arrivals :lol:

Yeah we liked Eric :D He wasn't named when we got him and we drove home trying out names. Oscar, Ollie and Elmo came and went. Then my father phoned the next day and said the only name for a Whippet was Eric. Hubby and I looked at each other, looked at the dog and thought it was brilliant for him. So Eric he is :) People do a double take when they hear his name which amuses me. Its so un-dog like but it really suits him.

glad you wont be lonely today
omg a whippet i really want one my dad has a greyhound who i love so much and when we get a house with a garden im allowed to have him :)
they make the best dogs hardly bark at anything and are soo snuggly (even though they are skinny)
have fun with him
manda xx

aww hun :hug: :hug: you have Eric to keep you company. You have fab names for your pets, I love Denzel the Chicken R.I.P

Your hubby is only down the road from me, 10 mins away!

Hope you have a lovely day with your parents xx

Awwwwww-he is adorable..I love whippets!! It sounds like you have a good plan to keep yourself occupied while DH is away-I love getting little jobs done around the house!! :cheer:

Aww he looks lovely. If only i was allowed a dog :( My ds loves dogs as well.

Eric is SUCH a brill name!

Hope you are OK on your own. My husband goes down to Enfield for work once a fortnight (Mon/Tues) and I am finding it progressively more and more difficult to be here on my own - just in bed at night more than anything, but it does have the plus side that I don't have to lie there not sleeping for hours in the dark; I can get up and turn the light on and read or eat or whatever.

He's off for the last time before the birth next Monday. She's so gonna come then HA HA HA :rotfl:

Aww he is beautiful :D

We have an Eric in my house but he is a Corn Snake

hello

i love whippets and greyhounds and he is a cutie
we are getting a dog or woofter as my OH calls them about a year after the baby has been born
xx

ahh what a cutie. its lovely you have such lovely and helpful parents. i had to rehome my weimaraner recently it was too much and he was not getting walks but he was a fantastic dog all round but we just didnt have the time for him any more. i have 3 other children.

marie x

Ahhh he is lovely! Such gentle eyes.

I've got a lurcher called Morgan who is nearly 8 and he's fab. My parents also have 2 lurchers which they rehomed from woodgreen, Spice who is a mental 3 year old and Bear (looks like a polar bear) who is getting very very old now but they are gorge too xxx

marie_77 said:
ahh what a cutie. its lovely you have such lovely and helpful parents. i had to rehome my weimaraner recently it was too much and he was not getting walks but he was a fantastic dog all round but we just didnt have the time for him any more. i have 3 other children.

Awww sorry to hear you had to find a new home for your dog. I love the Weimaraner breed and had we decided on a big dog it would have been one of those or a Hungarian Vizla. But hubby felt Whippet size was big enough for us atm and he's so easy to manage. A bigger dog with a baby and buggy would maybe have been harder work. As it is he can't pull me along or anything :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back