couple of things!

littlesmoosh

Reaction score
i woke up the other morning in absolute agony. screaming the house down. all because of cramps in my legs! my friend had told me about them but omg i never knew they would be THAT bad. i was in deep sleep when it started so when i woke up with the pain i didnt know what was happening, thought someone was murdering me lol. not nice at all. il deffo be putting my feet up even more now!!!!

also.

has my 28 week appointment on thursday and there was a student midwife there, i swear she must have been younger than me and im only 22. anyways, she told me she was gunna be taking my bloods (just to check iron levels). and i was really apprehensive cause i hate getting my bloods done as it is, let alone by someone in training. but her and the midwife told me it would be fine. so i allowed it. 3 times she couldnt get blood. i then had to go away for 3 hours and come back. she eventually managed to get some. and now i look like a junkie! seriously, you should see the state shes left my arms in!!! never again! i mean i know theyve got to train and everything, but it wont be on me next time!

apart from that and trapped wind pains, im really enjoying this stage of pregnancy :) x

I feel your pain lol. I leapt out of bed on Friday morning at 5.50am with the pain. DH thought we'd slept in for work even though i was off lol. I find that if I eat a banana every day that the cramps stay away. Hadn't eaten any for a couple of days hence Friday mornings episode.

3 times is a lot to try for blood. I have really bad veins and the midwives in my hospital have been very good at getting blood out of me :)

im going to tesco tonight to buy bananas! hahaa. thanks for the tip :) xx

i know the feeling on the leg cramps really thought id escaoed them this time around but oh no 4:40 last wed morn i dived up in agony OH thought i was in labour lol but god it killed me, luckily had none since but my leg has been really tender ever since :shakehead: xx

its one of those moments where we can all say 'men have it so easy' haha x

I had never given blood until my first midwife appointment and yip, sure enough it was a student who made a mess of my arm and actually couldn't get blood in the end!! Not a pleasant first experience!!!

I insisted on having my bloods done at the hospital as my veins are non existent and I donlt trust anyone other than pathology!!

I am not liking the sound of said leg cramps :) banana's ahoy.....

I have crappy veins too, took 6 attempts to get my booking in bloods! And 4 attempts for my glucose blood tests! But I am normally a regular blood donor too :shock: they just have to get the top doc to do my blood. Xx

I have rubbish veins too. And i bruise very easily, so when they failed to get blood the other day, both arms were bruised in 3 different places, it was so embarrassing as the bruises lasted for 2 weeks, I looked like I had a violent husband!

I'm not looking forward to these leg cramps, if I ever get them. Poor you! xx

Ouch the pain!! I had a really bad one today too had to quickly point mg toes upwards to try stop it whislt messaging my calf!!

I too experienced THE WORST cramps in my feet and legs the other night. I've been lucky til then not to have any at all. I keep my feet up whenever I sit down and I assumed swimming and Yoga had also helped to prevent it in the long run. Well I had a week off from swimming as closed for the Easter hols and I also missed a week of Yoga and to top it off pretty much ended up organising my own baby shower Saturday just gone and so I was on my feet literally from 7 am until 11pm that evening. I woke up in so much pain during that night and it took ages to go! Was horrible! Hope it doesn't happen again!

I feel your pain lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back