How Soon Did Your Baby Sleep Through The Night?

LilDreamy

Reaction score
As the title says, when did your baby start sleeping through the night?

Reason I ask, is that with My first, I was misinformed, and the hospital told me to wake my baby up every hour and a half to breast feed, and if the baby wouldn't stay awake to take her clothes off to make her less comfy.
Now that I look back I feel bad for my baby. :( Poor thing needed sleep!

Which was a nightmare waiting to happen. I ended up teaching my baby to wake automatically to eat every hour and a half, and she did this for 6 months straight around the clock. It was truely horrible. She would have been content eating when she wanted. :/

This time around, I'm letting baby call the shots... unless of course she goes too long without eating.

So my first didn't STTN until she was 10 months old. I'm really hoping this time around I'll have better luck now that I'm a little more "seasoned" as a mommy. Lol.

So when did your baby STTN? And how often do you feed your baby and how old are they?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
mine didnt sleep at night AT ALL for first 10/12 weeks. then she had started sleeping from 11pm to 6am until the last 3 nights! Im doing nothing different but at 22weeks she has decided to change her routine.

K is 21 weeks and still wakes 2-3 times a night. I can not wait for the night she sleeps through.... By then I will probably be on my second lo, so I better get used to this lol.

13 weeks but it's not every night, sometimes have a run of 3 nights together of 7-5 then a few 7-3 then 3.30-6. My lo hardly slept the first 9 weeks day or night then I read on here about the awake for 2 hrs rule, then put to sleep, saved my sanity. Sleep def breeds sleep.

I,m very lucky and been delt a great baby. Evelyn has slept tru from around two weeks, she,s 4 weeks old now, if she does wake up it,s only once. The health visitor was very suprised considering she,s breastfed, she will also sleep a good few hours in the day, I was getting worried that she slept too much but it,s not affecting her weight or anything in any way, I just have a lazy baby lol.

Last edited:
On and off at 11 weeks, consistently after 12. She goes down at 8ish and would wake at 8ish if I let her, but I wake her for a bottle at 6.30am then she goes back down about 7 and I wake her at 9.30 after I've had brekkie and shower etc. Believe me, I know how lucky I am!!!

Charlie's only just doing it the past few nights ! As in doesn't wake at all x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Brody's 6 months this week and still doesn't. He goes down around 7ish depending on how pooped he is and usually wakes once around midnight/1am, but sometimes more. He also likes getting up early :wall2:

Last night he woke twice and was a wee pickle getting back to sleep. Ended up in with me, which wasn't ideal!

X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

H slept through from about6 weeks to 10 weeks then we had to wake him up to feed him as he wasnt putting on weight and now he wont sleep through even tho he isnt having feeds in the night!! I dont htink he is anywere near either!! It also depends on what someones definition if sleeping through is, I take it as when they go to sleep at night till when they wake in the morning but I know some people class 5-6 hours as sleeping through!!
xxxx

Just over 7 months for us, we are occasionally woken up in the night but usually only if she's not very well

about 6 weeks, then she started waking once again at 3 months and now shes just starting to sleep 8-6ish again at 4 months

My little monster is formula fed but he started sleeping through at about 6-8 weeks I think xxxxxxxx

11 weeks is when he started doing it constantly and he was ebf. X

22 Weeks old she started sleeping through 12 hours. She sleeps 9 till 9! I feel quite lucky lol x

From about 9 weeks. Been very lucky. He asks to go to bed now.x

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

Mmm, T bag has slept from 10.30pm until 7 a handful of times, twice in the last week actually so I was hoping it would become the norm lol

I haven't fed her in the night properly for weeks though. She is gaining weight perfectly so I know she's not waking through hunger. I was making the mistake of feeding her when she woke up in the night automatically and I've probably caused her to wake out of habit now. She usually wakes between 3-5am, sometimes she goes back to sleep easily, sometimes it takes me 3,4,5 times to get her back off. She's ebf.

Phoebe was 4 months then she stopped at 5 months and has just recently gone back to sleeping through, she sleeps for around 12 hours x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back