Sleeping through the night

bethanyann

Reaction score
I'm so lucky with Eva because since she was about 8 weeks old, she has been going to bed at 11pm with us, and not having a feed til 6am, then going back to sleep 6.30 - 9.30/10am. Over the past week, we've been putting her to bed at 10pm and she has been fine with this, so going to try putting her down at 9pm soon.

Anyway, I totally know how lucky I am with this, but...at 4/4.30am every single morning, she stirs loads, I don't think she fully wakes, but makes loads of grunting noises, starts throwing her head around etc, I put her dummy back in and stroke her head and she'll calm again, but then spit the dummy out, start grunting so we start again, and after half an hour or so of ponsing around like that, I bring her into bed with me, she instantly does into a deep sleep again. Takes like 5 mins max.

I was just after a bit of advice about what I should do? I don't mind at all atm, but I don't want her to wake up at 4am for months to come, just to come into bed with us iykwim?? Do any of you have any tips / advice? I wondered if she was getting cold because she refuses to have her arms under a blanket, so I put an extra blanket over her boday last night, but she still stirred at 4am!!!

Thanks for any help xxx

Alfie does this at 5am! He goes from 10pm til 7am, but at 5 for the last few weeks he has stirred and kinda makes noises that wake us up. He isnt awake, I pop his dummy in about 8 times as it drops out when he makes the noises, but after that he eventually drops off again til 7. I thought he was cold as he too hates his arms in and his hands seem cold, i put another blanket on but didnt seem to make any difference. Frustrating isnt it after they do so well and you think you have cracked it !!!xXx

My babs has exact same sleeping pattern, but doesn't wake in night! I was just gona suggest extra blanket she might be cold! Or what happens if you just leave her? Would she settle herself? X

Lizzie went through a phase of doing this and it was colic making her uncomfortable - it was bang on 4am nearly every morning! So we used gripe water for every feed from 6pm onwards and really made sure we spent a long time winding her.
It might not be colic with Eva but might be worth considering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back