• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much exercise are you getting?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Sorry I know I seem to be posting a lot lately but that's what the forum is here for, right?!

I'm interested to know how much exercise everyone is getting, if at all? Lots of people have said it's important to get exercise to help make labour that bit easier, but sometimes I feel its easier said than done :roll:

These past couple of weeks I've just felt more and more cumbersome and just walking to town wears me out. I've been getting quite swollen feet too (gross) which doesn't help, as well as SPD so it seems everything is against me and exercise is almost out of the question! I have been forcing myself to exercise but sometimes its just too much!

Anyone else feel like this or am I just being a wuss?! :oooo:

i havent been doing alot of exercise hun. just walking when out and about. otherwise nothing.

i didnt do alot anyway to be honest as work was exercise enough was constantly running around. midwife said it isnt wise to start anything you didnt do before as can do more harm than good. xxx

I am doing NONE apart from the occasional walk! I cannot be bothered now. i will get back into once Ive had the baby but I've decided just to have a break and not worry about it. If you dont feel up for it then don't do it. no point stressing yourself out more than you have to!

i was walking to and from work but its 45 mins each way and my back and feet were getting quite sore. think my last day of doing that was today! am just going to wander round town in my lunch break. apart from that just doing pilates every week.

can't wait to get back into shape!!

I just walk..

Take brooke to and from school, and wonder round the shops, but if I could I'd just lay in bed all day! Its just so comfy (well until my hips and back start to play up) but I just can't be bothered either as like you my feet feel like they are on fire and swell up if I'm on them to long!!

I'm not doing any exercise! I walk about but not for long, I never done much exercise before. Obviously you cut down on exercise when pregnant, but if your body is not used to even little exercise before being pregnant, don't do it. Its best not to put more strain on yourself, carrying a baby is tiring enough and I'm sure bubs is more happy mummies relaxing than straining themselves. :). I've started doing calf muscle stretches - seems to be helping the leg cramps a bit :). Also the pelvic floor muscles, easy to do and don't require getting up from the sofa ;-) xx

Hi, not much at all here; will do after though.. x

I don't exercise which I know is naughty but as people have said even walking a distance is knackering!

Just walking round town... OH and I always get the bus in and back though, unless we miss it... So not a huge amount really.... xx

I'm mucking out the horse, riding, walking dogs etc. Haven't been able to stop, the animals don't realise whats happening (think the dogs would move out if they knew what was coming lol!). Have stopped moving hay and straw bales around though. I went to London last Sat for a day and 12 hours was too much. Cue fat feet and cankles lol! I find it impossible to delagate at the yard as i'm such a perfectionist, but i'm sure i'll learn.

ive just hoovered my stairs and clean the rabbit out. (moved his hutch which was abit naughty on my own) feel shattered now and can already feel the tightenings coming back. xxx

I swim twice a week and walk alot. Walking us getting harder with my spd though so i take regular breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back