How many more times

Also Lucy I just read in the other thread you are on thyroid medication, so am I believe it or not and I thought for a while maybe this was something to do with my 2 mc's but I don't know maybe I am just looking for a reason that isn't really there.

Do you have regular thyroid checks? Thyroid can be linked to recurrent miscarriage but isn’t always a problem and shouldn’t be a problem if it’s managed. My consultant told me that ideally tsh levels should be under 2 whilst ttc, mine were 2.53 and whilst normal he wanted to try me on thyroxine to see if it helps with the next pregnancy. I’ve taken them for almost 2 months now, but now my cycles are messed up so not really been able to ttc and see if it has made any difference yet. Do you know what your tsh levels usually are? Xx

Hmm mine are 'normal at around 2.4 according to doc. I take 50mcg of tyrosine daily and the doc said it shouldn't have any affect but I have to wonder.

Hiya so I am just having my second miscarriage today. This is my second in 4 months. I am 40 years old and I think it came to the end for me. My husband doesn’t want to go through this again and I think I am undecided. I am just soooo sad , the hormones come crashing down making me very emotional can’t stop crying. I had no sleep last night thinking why me and why is it happening. I wish I knew and that would be it. I am so sad that my baby days are over :(

Hiya so I am just having my second miscarriage today. This is my second in 4 months. I am 40 years old and I think it came to the end for me. My husband doesn’t want to go through this again and I think I am undecided. I am just soooo sad , the hormones come crashing down making me very emotional can’t stop crying. I had no sleep last night thinking why me and why is it happening. I wish I knew and that would be it. I am so sad that my baby days are over :(

So sorry maxi, I’m no fertility expert but don’t write yourself off yet, I’m just turned 34 and had 2 miscarriages in a row at 33, third pregnancy seems to be going great, I’ve seen younger ladies have the same situation too, 2 or more MC in a row then a successful pregnancy, the risk of MC does go up as we get older, the odds are that it may be the case now that 1 in 3 or even 1 in 2 of your eggs will not be viable or it may be 1 in 4 for you and you’ve just been unlucky, but some of your eggs will still produce a perfectly healthy baby it’s just a case of catching the right one, it’s obviously up to you what you do next but I think you should do what your heart is telling you to, sorry for rambling on I will be thinking of you xx

So sorry for your loss. I’m 25 and have had 4 miscarriages maybe don’t write it off if your undecided but give your self time to recover and then see how you feel. It’s such a horrible thing to go through both physically and mentally and it makes you feel so alone even though you no your not but it doesn’t stop you feeling that way. Sending you lots of love xx

I agree with the ladies Maximus. I think you just need time to grieve this loss, then make a decision in a couple of months maybe? A loss as any stage is heartbreaking and a hard thing to deal with. I know you believe your baby days are over because of your age? But ladies much older than you have gone on to have healthy babies. As night owl says, quality of the eggs diminishes as we get older, but we still have eggs that are strong and healthy, its just catching that egg.
Thinking of you maximus xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back