Newbie - help after D&C please

Whitey

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new on here and would appreciate some advice from people. I had a m/c in Nov 05 - this happened naturally at 9 weeks. I had a BFP in Feb but unfortunately had another m/c at the end of march (8 weeks). This time I had a D&C the next day, then a week later I had what I can only describe as 'period' like bleeding.
My question is, how long after a D&C did it take for your periods to return? (after my 1st m/c, my period returned after 3 weeks). I've been using Clearblue Digital OPKs to check when I'm ovulating but still haven;t had a smiley face and it's 32 days! (My normal full cycle was only ever 31 days and I would normally ovulate @ CD14-15).

Advise Please
Whitey

I had a D&C (evac) around the middle of March only my situation was a bit more complicated. My period had crept up on me when I hit 0.

I spotted a couple of days previous to my period but I still had HCG in my system.

I would give it 6 (ish) weeks from D&C. Did they not do your HCG levels?

Hiya Whitey

Firstly I am so sorry to read about your loss :cry:

Most women can expect their pregnancy hormone levels to return to a non-pregnant range about 4 - 6 weeks after a pregnancy loss has occurred, so it may be another week or so before you ovulate. The depletion in HCG levels in your blood can differentiate by how the loss occurred (spontaneous miscarriage, D&C procedure)and how high the levels were at the time of the loss. Having a loss naturally may explain why your periods resumed 3 weeks after your first miscarriage.
Obviously your HCG levels will need to return back to 5.0 before you will resume your normal menstrual cycle and as you were at 8 weeks gestation when you lost your baby, it may take a little while longer for things to settle down and ovulation to occur.

Hopefully your body will fully recover within the next few weeks

Rachael I think I'll hit you with 110 questions one day - You seem to be in the knowledge :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back