How many diapers and wipes to buy!

demstace

Reaction score
Hey im Demi im coming over from the third trimester fourm. Im gonna be using disposable diapers and wipes. and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how many wipes you use in a month and how many diapers i should get in what sizes,,

thank you ladies :)

i say you'd need 1 pack of wipes a week. & I go through a big pack of nappies in a week cant remember how much is in the pack I think its 56 I may be wrong.

I buy the formula milk/wipes/cotton pads & nappies once a week & I always go to boots & get all the baby stuff at the one time & get my advantage points too.

:)

From when I had my 20 week scan I just bought nappies constantly. I mostly stocked up in newborn size 1, til I was told I was having a big baby then started stocking up on size 2's and some size 3's.

Turns out my baby was normal size lol and he was in size 1 nappies til he was 3 months old, but then he went from size 2 to 3 very quickly, within weeks really

I stocked up quite a bit in pampers, then went over to huggies and I'm glad because I didn't like pampers at first and preferred huggies newborn, but now he's older prefer pampers.

With wipes I'd buy a few different brands and then see which one your baby gets on with better before stocking up loads.

xxxx

I'm the opposite i prefer pampers for newborn & huggies when older - the huggies pull ups are alot better than the pampers ones! And the swim ones too. I bought loads of huggies when I was pg on offer in boots had to take them all back coz they kept leaking right up the back after just one pee. Was a pain in the backside taking them all back coz we dont drive

:wall2:

Ozzy was opposite lol He leaked with pampers, but never with huggies newborns. Ozzy hasn't got to pull up stage yet, but maybe he'll be back in huggies again? TBH I prefer the feel of huggies for him, even now (i have a pack of size 5s that are still too big) but they just don't seem to fit him properly now, whereas pampers are perfect. But pampers stiiiiiiink. Some kind of chemical smell.

I guess maybe don't stock up on nappies either lol

tbh there is always offers on for wipes and nappies, just a case of shopping around.

Does anyone know if its ok to change brand of wipes (heard this of nappies years ago) nothing to make me think theres a problem...was just wondering.

I like to get the best bargains too maria....I am always out & about with the buggy & go by lots of shops with bargains...boots/superdrug/tesco ect.

Generally I take any brand of wipes thats on offer, as long as its the main brands...also hate the fragrance free ones, OH freaked me out by saying they smell like lager, now every time i use them i smell lager :shock: looooooool - prefer fragranced!!

I reckon it's ok to swap. I reckon wipes are tested well coz LOs have such senstive skin. I would change oz's wipes if needed without worry xxx

I chane wipes all the time . We buy them monthly and just buy the best iooers in bulk as OH gets paid monthly xx

I'd buy small amounts of a couple of different brands and sizes (I bought only one and it turned out too big lol so we had to send the grandparents to the shops on day two!) so if you don't know what size your LO will be born it's best to be prepared with a couple of options. They all seem to fit slightly differently as well, for example, Pampers size 3 BabyDry tend to leak poop on my LO even though size 1 and 2 fitted fine, so we had to swap to Huggies.

Can't comment on the wipes as I use cotton wool pads and water. I still have two packs of wipes for emergencies that came in one of those pregnancy packs they give you at the hospital...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back