Sleepsuits

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
hey everyone
i was wondering on adverage how many sleepsuits did u get through a day with your LO.... upto the first month or so??????
Im not sure how many sleep suits i will need?????
can anyone help?
Thank you x x x

Had 6, found it enough, but depends how often you like to change. Bit of baby sick for example, I mop up, but you might prefer to change.

For me its

One on, one spare
Two in the wash
Two clean

I have loads. But i got given most of them.
She'll probably have 2 in the day, unless she's really sick, about 3 in wash as i have no tumble dryer. And so many clean ones but hardly got halfway down the pile.

I'd say 6-8 would be enough. They grow so quickly anyway and your LO will be outta the newborn stuff really quickly - so don't waste your money buying too many.

I agree, maybe have 4 newborn size but more in 0-3, no one will know if you put bubs in 0-3 that may be a little too big, don't waste money on newborn stuff, it only lasts 5 mins

We had a few packs of 0-3, and one pack first size.

Phoebe was 7lb 3.5oz and was way too small for the 0-3 so we had to send Mum out for more newborn ones - she was in them for at least a month.

To be honest, I think it depends a lot on how sicky or demanding your baby is. We had a lot of problems with feeding in the early weeks, so washing often wasn't at the forefront of my mind, hence we ended up with tonnes of sleepsuits and bodysuits.

I'd start of with 6 or so and see how you go.

It all depends on how sick your baby is and wheather they have leaky nappies. I didn't bother buying Phoebe any newborn sleepsuits, I got her 0-3 months, she was a small baby and they were big on her, but she grew into them soon enough, it just saved on a bit of money. I can't remember exactly how many we had, but we were brought loads as presents when she was born.

I have loads too

Callums still to small for some of the 0-3month ones i have and hes 2 months old :doh:

I had to buy tiny baby ones from next which hes growing out of now

We had 3 packs of newborn size from tesco, just cheapie ones and we did use all of them. I also bought a nicer pack of newborn size for when he was just born and for coming home. He wasnt in 0-3 for about 3 weeks and he was quite a nice size (8lb6oz).

I liked to make sure he had a frsh sleepsuit for day and a fresh one for night and couldnt be arsed to wash clothes everyday so I felt the amount we bought was just right x

We had loads, but got most of them as presents. For the first six or so weeks we wore sleepsuits day and night (they are so handy!). If it was colder I just put a gardigan on top. Now we wear cute clothes skirts, baby grows etc. during the day and sleepsuits at night - hence we don't need as many in bigger size.

I wouldn't necessarily buy newborn ones to start with (you can always get them later). Even though LO was only 6 pounds 5 onzes she was too long to wear them and I felt that it wasn't good for her if she couldn't stretch her legs!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back