How long should i wait for 1st af after MC?

Lynzlogan87

Reaction score
Hi all.

Had my 1st mc on 31st may this year was 6+1.

I've stopped bleeding since the 9th/10th june.

Was just wondering how long i should wait for af to turn up?

Hospital/doctors gave me no time line.

What if it don't turn up for like 6 months? would that be classed as normal?

Really sorry if i sound dumb, i really haven't got a clue what to expect.

Thanks for taking the time to read/reply xxxxx Lynz

Mummy to Leo & angel baby

Hey hon. Hope ur doing ok. After my m/c I bled for a week and then came on as if I'd had a 30 day cycle. I think some of the girls on here have waited longer so it can vary. xxx

Hi i had a m/c at the begining of may and the bleeding last 4 days then i had my af 27 days later. So sorry for your loss x :hug:

Last edited:
Hi.

I waited 5 weeks for my af, I was expecting it to be massive but it was just normal really with a bit of extra cramps. Hope you doing ok. Take care

Nic.

Hi hunni,

I had my miscarriage on 06/03/10 bled for about 7-10 days and didn't get my next AF until 14/04/10 - I usually have a 31 day cycle. So it was just over 5 - 6 weeks for me before I had my next AF. Oh, also meant to add that I didn't need a D&C, as I managed to have a natural miscarriage. This can sometimes mean you have to wait a little longer than usual to get your next period.

Hospital EPU told me it was normal to wait up to 6 weeks for next AF after natural miscarriage. Hope that helps.

Hi Lynz, good to see you back on here hun X

I had a D&C so perhaps quicker for hormones to drop, and bled for 8 days ish and then had a period 26 days later , next cycle jumped to 35 days after that - hope that helps.

Hi... i had a missed MC as you know, and the "medical management" 4 weeks ago tom. I am still bleeding so called the nurse and once i described everything ,she confirmed that what i am experiencing this week is likely to be my period. Therefore i went 25 days. They told me at the time it could be between 3 and 6 weeks. So i'm sure yours will turn up b4 you know it.

Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long.

Nicki xx

Thanks girls, Yeah mine was a natural MC, still no signs of af yet, but she'll turn up eventually.

I'm pretty sure my hormone levels dropped straight away as the day the Mc was confirmed my hormone levels were down to only 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back