Very very long af

twinkles

Reaction score
Hi girls me again!

Having wished for af to arrive for ages I am mow unable to get rid of it!

Basically I had 12 days of light bleed then nothing for 10 days and then af properly arrived and is still here and on day 10......

It is first af since mc so was expecting a change to the norm but as well as hanging about for too long I have also been very heavy since day 7 rather than getting lighter, althiufh today doeznt seem as heavy but i still have very achy back and lower stomach....How long do I leave it until booking in with the doc??

i have had stupid periods since af, 27 day cycle and bled for 9 days! i thnk it just takes time for your body to get back to normal hun

and i bled real heavy i was soaking through a night pad in an hour or so, but my GP said its normal, just your womb shedding any excess lining and getting back to normal.

I hope it ends soon....out of the 84 days since mc I have spent 51 days bleeding! It's taking forever and starting to drag me down now.....my best friend found out she was pg 2 weeks ago, she is now going through a mc, it's so unfair :( x

Gosh after my first M/c I bled for about 10 weeks [albeit lightly for the most part!]. Then had 3 weeks off and had a long period.

If you take into account the 3 weeks I bled lightly before M/C and the actual M/c I bled for 3.5 months :shock: :shock: :shock:

The good news is my cycle did go back to 'normal' after that.

Sorry to hear about your friend hun, M/c is far too common for my liking!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Carnat that does make me feel better....it's shocking how long it can take, only took me 6 weeks of ttc after coming off the pill to get a BFP.....now taking 3 times that to get over it! Life's not fair :( x

life is so unfair!
a friend at the toddler group who was a cple of weeks ahead of me has just found out she is having a girl.
Not that Im not happy for her. But everyone else is getting their happy ending - when is my turn!
And everyone at the group is one there 2nd child, apart from this lady who is still preg, its o nly me who hasn t managed it.
I know Im so lucky to have one,but when your surrounded by everyone it just so twists the knife!
Life is def tough!
Hugs twinkles - the dragging it out of af just makes you feel so much worse. xxx
xxx

Carnat that does make me feel better....it's shocking how long it can take, only took me 6 weeks of ttc after coming off the pill to get a BFP.....now taking 3 times that to get over it! Life's not fair :( x

I conceived about 6 weeks after coming off the pill too hun!!!

I know all about unfariness though - not only did it take 3 hellish weeks for my M/c to occur but then it took another 10 weeks after the 'M/c week' for my body to get back to normal...

Corrine, I have two friends due within a week of what would have been my due date with 1st lost pregnancy and now my S-I-L has announced she is due at would have been my due date with lost pregnancy # 2. I am just waiting for someone to announce they are due at what would have been due date for lost pregnancy # 3 !!

Talk about rub it in!!!

(I blame Google and it's vast array of date calculators for me even knowing when all my "due dates" would have been!!)

Last edited:
Hope it ends soon for you hunny. Are you on any vitamins or anything to stave off anaemia?

:hug: xxxxxxxx

I think its really normal sweetie, as long as you are have a proper break in between bleeds you just need to wait for your cycles to normalise xx

i went to the docs about this exact problem last week and they told me not to worry, just said it was the way of things and its only if there is constant none-stop bleeding that its a cause for concern, because that can mean there is infection

but if you have stopped and started its just a waiting game xx

Hope it ends soon for you hunny. Are you on any vitamins or anything to stave off anaemia?

:hug: xxxxxxxx

If you do decide to take iron suppliments, make sure you also take Vitamin C tablets as well.

(without taking enough vitamin C, your body won't absord the iron!)

I have just got back from docs, on antibiotics 'to be on the safe side' and she mentioned endometriosis but didnt say anything about it.....I'm still clueless but she said it can be from carrying heavy things (I do daily) or the uterus could be inflamed from stretching in the pregnancy, but she said to take antibiotics too in case of any inflamation or endometriosis so bit baffled! Going back next tues x

Last edited:
I have just got back from docs, on antibiotics 'to be on the safe side' and she mentioned endometriosis but didnt say anything about it.....I'm still clueless but she said it can be from carrying heavy things (I do daily) or the uterus could be inflamed from stretching in the pregnancy, but she said to take antibiotics too in case of any inflamation or endometriosis so bit baffled! Going back next tues x

Rest up for the time being hun but maybe you make a list of questions for when you go back next week? That way you can ask about all the things you are not sure of?

Keep well

xxxxxxxxxxx

Yes I will ask questions if the same next week....pain is worse today, going to walk the dog then working all day, can't take time off because self employed beauty therapist, if I really had to I would but at the mo dozing up on paracetomol to ease the ache! Xv

Yes I will ask questions if the same next week....pain is worse today, going to walk the dog then working all day, can't take time off because self employed beauty therapist, if I really had to I would but at the mo dozing up on paracetomol to ease the ache! Xv

Maybe get some stronger painkillers hun!

I am sorry that you ar ein pain and hope it eases up soon.

If in any doubt go back to your Dr sooner than Tuesday though

xxxxx

Co codeomol I'm on now! Not keen on taking anything too strong think it will see me through! Will c doc fri if still in pain I think, thanks Hun x

Co codeomol I'm on now! Not keen on taking anything too strong think it will see me through! Will c doc fri if still in pain I think, thanks Hun x

Take it easy after work today and make sure you eat and drink to keep your strength up

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back