How long will I bleed for

lauramumof2

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long I can expect to bleed for?
I started bleeding on the 8th, mc on the 10th. I didnt need any d&c but I am still bleeding. Its like the lochia after a pg. I just wish it would stop. Its kinda thick, not clotty.
Any thoughts. I have the midwife on monday.

hey hun dont know if i can help lots but i bleed on and off for just over a week with my first m/c but a friend of mine bleed for more than me i really do think it does vary from woman to woman just mention it on monday.

hope your ok sending hugs :hug: :hug:

I bled for about 5 weeks, but I had a D & C. I hope it ends soon for you. :hug:

If i haven't said that already, I am so sorry for your loss :hug:
My bleeding stopped 8 days after the day I actually miscarried. It was also very thick and not clotty. Don't worry it should be over soon. I know it's really hard not to worry. With mine I just wanted it to be over as it was a constant reminder of m/c . Hope it stops soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

With my first MC'd i did bleed for well over 2 months before the hospital took me seriously enough to offer me a scan, and them found out that not everything had come away and more than likely it was going to take another month or so before it all would, then i was offered a D&C.

I really hope it stops for you soon, its an awful thing to keep happening after a loss :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone, those replys showed me is can vary from woman to woman. Like you said Petra, its a constant reminder.

Im sure the mw will be able to give some advice. Its unfortuantly the midwife at the maternity hospital I have to go and see but its the best place I suppose. Just dont really want to have to go in there as I have to pass the labour ward and the day ward.

Yeah that cant be easy for you hun, when i went i was actually sat in the labour ward with all the people having their scans and pics.
My heart goes out to you hun and i wish you all the best :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: I bled for a long time too and I was 10 weeks- I think it was pretty heavy for about 9 days then trained off and stopped after a fortnight. It seemed like forever at the time and I did feel a lot less physically drained when it finally stopped. I found the similarities with when I had Elliott really hard going- it was like having a lot of the really pants bits of having a baby without the really good bit and it made me sadder I think somehow.

Hope it stops for you soon hun. I'm glad that you get to talk to the midwife about it- after I was discharged from hospital I was left to go it alone and had to get all my answers from here and from books.

huge hug to you, PM me if you want to talk
+++

Hi Laura,

I bled for 11 days and I had been 6 weeks pregnant, but the doctor said that the baby had probably died about a week before, as the pregnancy sac was tiny. Also they said that my endometrium was 14 mm thick just as I started bleeding, which wasn't very thick. The doctor told me I would probably bleed till the Saturday (this was Monday) and I bled until Wednesday or Thursday.

Hope this helps. I am sorry for your loss. :hug:

Sue

I only bled for around 4 days - M/C on the Friday and bled until the Tuesday - it was very thick and clotty on the Friday but then just like a heavy period for the rest. i think that may be because i was only 5/6 weeks gone! :hug: :hug:

I only found out last tuesday (29th) have been bleeding lightly since the sunday before...The heavy bleeding didnt start till early hours of Saturday morning...I feel like it will never stop...and the clots are huge :( It is a constant reminder...

I have to go for a scan a week on Tuesday.

my bleeding stopped on wednesday, i had medical mangagement on the 19th,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back