How early on did you feel pregnant and what symptoms did you

Sahara

Reaction score
Not sure whether I should post this here, and I am just curious really, but I wondered how early on you ladies got symptoms and what they were.

Did anyone know a day or so dpo and was that more than just a gut feeling?? Did you get actual physical symptoms?

Thanks
Sarah

I got sharp pains in my left groin area straight away - and the metallic taste in my mouth round about the time I conceived.

Kim x x x x

Mmm thats interesting I was just wondering really, when I conceived my first I had insomnia for 4 nights - not sure whether it was a preg symptom, but it was a strange coincedence as I am always tired :rotfl:

I suddenly got really tired and started feeling dizzy on the tube. Brushing my teeth made me feel yucky too.

This was actually before I tested, but then I tested quite late anyway. Not sure on the days as I never really counted them x

i conceived on the saturday and on the monday i was feelin sick, and everyday from that day on. on the tuesday i went to the docs for a blood test to see what was wrong he thought it was my pill, i got a positive on the pregnancy result....so 3 days afterwards lol unlucky me was sick from that day til delivery x

I had nausea from around 6DPO and got positive tests from 8DPO

Thanks ladies - this is really interesting - probably shouldn't ask things like this as it will only serve to heighten my symptom spotting - but I have always thought that perhaps woman could know earlier than 2 weeks after conception!!

I definately knew for sure 6 days after I conceived Nicola, but apparently according 2 all the experts - not possible!!

Sarah

same here i have had nausea very early with all 3 pregnancys even though 2 didnt last interesting isnt it how some people can tell so early and others have no symptoms!

I had a metal taste in my mouth and really bad cramps, around two days before my period was due.

hmm, its difficult to say coz both my previous pregnancies were unplanned so i wasnt paying attention :think:

looking back tho, with millie i had symptoms from 8dpo and these were "period pains" (thats what i thought they were) which were actually probably implantation pains.

both times my boobs ballooned! cant remember at what point with millie but the m/c had gone up 2 cup sizes and only made it to 5 weeks! :shock:

The very very first symptom was a persistent sore throat that is how I found out !! :shock: It wouldn't go not matter what I took for it. :shock: I did a search on google (I have a habit of doing this when I want to know something there and then as regards health issues and sometimes it's the worst thing anyone can do) and found a forum where girls were asking if sore throat could be a symptom and many said that judging by their personal experiences, it was.

The first day that I missed my period I was almost sure and the day after, a home test confirmed it.

Angel was unplanned so i didn't realise for ages. In fact other people were asking me if i was pregnant and i kept saying no! I found out at 11weeks!
But looking back i was extremely tired! I used to do a lot of driving in my job and countless times i had to pull over for a few minutes as i was struggling to keep my eyes open!
And my bust doubled in size!!!
Besides that i ignored the missed period and slow weight gain coz i just started a new job and stress makes me late. And i had started a desk job so i was eating more and less active so figured that was the problem!!!

Neither of my kids were planned but I instantly knew we had concieved DS (my first) after BD!!
I tested early and my feeling was confirmed, no real signs other than intuition with that one.

2nd was feeling terribly thirsty wk 4, wierd pointy boobies and terrible sickness I was certain I was having sympathy pains as my sis and Best friend were exactly the same weeks and picked it up too but no my hubbies snip failed and 8 months later out popped DD :lol:

Aida said:
The very very first symptom was a persistent sore throat that is how I found out !! :shock: It wouldn't go not matter what I took for it. :shock: I did a search on google (I have a habit of doing this when I want to know something there and then as regards health issues and sometimes it's the worst thing anyone can do) and found a forum where girls were asking if sore throat could be a symptom and many said that judging by their personal experiences, it was.

The first day that I missed my period I was almost sure and the day after, a home test confirmed it.

wow i never knew a sore throat was a sympton :eek:

Sahara said:
I definately knew for sure 6 days after I conceived Nicola, but apparently according 2 all the experts - not possible!!

Womens ntuition is far better than their text books! Sometimes us ladies "just know" :D

Fascinating stuff this. Even though Nicola was an accident I knew something was wrong - or very right as it turned out to be :D

Sore boobies - emotional wreck and peeing for England.

Making me wonder as I have been in and out of the loo all day today, but I reckon I am just symptom spotting - probably cos my glands are up on the right side of my neck meaning I am probably getting a cold which is making me wee.

I don't have sore boobs which I think is a big give away for any woman :lol:

Oh well you never know, I am only just 4 dpo though

I was a couple of weeks pregnant when I first had my suspicions, it's funny I never bought all that stuff about 'just knowing' in the past and then all of a sudden, it hit me. I felt intensely protective of my belly. I was doing some voluntary work with some kids one afternoon and we were kicking a ball about and I noticed my hands instinctively going to my stomach whenever the ball came my way. This before I started feeling tired and sick. I tested not long after.

Thanks for sharing pickled onion - what an amazing thing instinct

Both times were wanted but unplanned :roll: so in all honesty I didn't notice until it was really obvious :shock: Keeping in mind that I wasn't in the best of health and almost constantly had an aches or pain of some variety....

With the MC I found out at 4weeks. I'd got absolute unbearable cronic back pain since about 2weeks, at 3 weeks I was getting chest pains and REALLY aching boobs...I admitted myself to hospital but they passed me off as pulling a muscle and/or sleeping funny....then 3 days later I realised I was a week late on my period and so hubby told me to test.

With Farroq I felt rough and had constant headaches from 4weeks but at 6weeks I felt so incredibly ill one day with headache, sickness and tight chest that I had to ask to be sent home from work. I'd had some false alarms since the MC because my body is more sensetive now 3-4 days before my period (still is after Farooq!) so I only decided at this point that I better test and if it was negative then I better go to hospital or doctors :doh:

I remember being sat on a train heading down to Bristol for a training course and I kept burping... I found it strange because I hadn't had anything to eat or drink and the burps were really acidic. It was the first time I had really noticed them but they'd been happening for a few days. Then I remembered something my mum once told me about how she "knew" she was pregnant because she started burping a lot and my mum rarely burps.

I kind of brushed this thought off and carried on as normal. But the burping got worse and worse :oops: :oops:

I didn't say anything to anyone until the day my period was due and I tested on that day. It was a glaring positive :lol:

The burping started about a week before my AF was due so I think that would probably make it about 6 or 7dpo for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back