How do you know?

pinkymum

Reaction score
Right girls this is probably nothing but I have no idea so thought some of you might be able to help. I woke up this morning at 2.45am with crampy pains around my lower tummy and back, it wasn't agony or anything. Had 2 poo's (sorry tmi) within a few hours and 5 yesterday :shock: Got back to sleep about 9am and woke again at 10. I'm just home from town and had the pains on and off all day. They do seem to be coming and going and my bump is getting tight. I've taken paracetamol but the dull pain is there and then these on and off pains too. Do you think this could be something starting or braxton hicks? I'm useless, I wouldn't want to be calling hospital or anything, plus I'm going to see Tim Minchin tonight.

Oh just to add I don't have a bath so I can't have one, and I had a shower this morning and the pains are still there. I'm making it sound like I'm in agony but I'm not. I'm just thinking I'll carry on as normal until A) they die down or B) they get worse :lol:

real contractions are hard to talk through you literally need to focus on the contraction

I obviously do not have anything constructive to add, just wondering if we have a labour watch on our hands :lol: xxx

just keep an eye on them try timing them to see if there is any kind of pattern they will also increase over time it could be early stages of labour but you could also be like this for weeks :(

id say just take it steady hun and if they get any stronger then call the midwife x

I would keep an eye on them. It could be the start of something. If it gets any stronger phone your midwife/labour suite

Thanks girls, will keep an eye on them. I can defo talk and walk through the pain so it could be the start, but then I could be like this for weeks. I don't really want her coming early............the nursery isn't finished :lol:

Could be slow labour pain or bh that's the thing u tend to only know if u have a show or waters or pains get so intense u can't talk threw em,

Keep ur eyes on em all pains r good sign things r progressing on right way x

Could be slow labour pain or bh that's the thing u tend to only know if u have a show or waters or pains get so intense u can't talk threw em,

Keep ur eyes on em all pains r good sign things r progressing on right way x

Yeah I would rather something dramatic happen like my waters break at least I'd know then, could you imagine if they broke at the show tonight :lol: I don't think I'd get anything free though :wall2: :)

As the others have said it could be the start of things. I would ring your mw if a) they get too hard to talk through b) there are more than three in ten mins or c) your waters break. Keep us posted! Ideally you want baby to stay out until you hit the 37 week Mark xx

As the others have said it could be the start of things. I would ring your mw if a) they get too hard to talk through b) there are more than three in ten mins or c) your waters break. Keep us posted! Ideally you want baby to stay out until you hit the 37 week Mark xx

Definately hun, I've said all along she can come when I hit 37 weeks this friday! Now I'm saying she can come when the nursery is ready........I don't think this is going to come to anything though

x

Well its more a constant dull ache now. So that's probably a good thing. Away to bed, really hoping for a decent sleep! :)

Hey hun,
I'm fine, still a dull ache but nothing significant. Must of been my body practising or something.:) I'm guessing this will probably go on for weeks like it has for some of the other girls. How's you?

Aww glad you are ok Pinky!!

Better get on to the people that are doing your nursery and tell them to get their arses in gear ;) xx

Aww glad you are ok Pinky!!

Better get on to the people that are doing your nursery and tell them to get their arses in gear ;) xx

Its my mum and stepdad, they both work fulltime so can't do it much faster unfortunately :(

Just have to accept it'll be done when its done........HURRY UP :lol:

Glad ur ok hun.

Im not bad thanks. Feeling very heavy and uncomfortable - baby still bending my ribs - but apart from that im good. Cant wait until Friday now cos my OH has 11 days off and weve got some fun days out planned :)

x

Awww well enjoy it!!!! I'm sitting waiting for mw and asda shopping to arrive. Mw never gives me a time, I wonder who'll show first, I'm hungry so it better be asda!!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back