Hospital Bag

vixforever

Reaction score
What size bag do I need to buy?? And how many nappies do I need I was just gonna take a packet of them lol x

I've used Sebastian's change bag for his stuff and OH has a smallish rucksack (you know the kind that boys usually use for school?) that is going to be my bag (I will will WILL pack that at some point!) x I've packed maybe half a pack of nappies but think that might be too much x lol!

Lol I bought one of these you know those oversized bags you get from Primark and places?

140.jpg

But it doesnt fit all my stuff in but it fits all the babies so I was wondering whether to invest in a holdall?

Lol

xx

Probably a good idea x I've just packed my bag so thanks for the thread! Lol x the rucksack only just fits everything! Is it awful I can't remember doing this or taking one last time? I must have done but my mind is blank!

I know and you can guarantee there'll be something else you need in it! Off to buy a holdall from Argos later, I'm still thinking about how many maternity pads to pack!! Lol

Again I've just bunged in half a pack! Better to many than too little! Lol x I'm praying I won't need hospital bag but you never know! I packed two towels from my 'labour' pile (the pile of towels I have ready for home birth) and dug out the dodgy old granny knicks that I don't care if get bloody and thrown! Lol x

Hahaha, yeah I've got cheap Primark knickers for mine - same price as paper ones lol x

good thread - im planning on using just a roll bag that ive had a couple of years that i would use if i was going away for a few nights and a change bag for baby stuff, hoping everything fits! there is a rediculous amount that you need but i guess its all small items so should fit. x

iv got a holdall for my stuff and got a bag of nappys in there iv packed a full bag incase i have another section and need more and iv packed a changing bag full of babys stuff again prob more than will be needed in case

this is a good thread, I have to pack a good few things as Ive been told that im getting a ceserean so will be in for about 5 days also the nappy bit is a good question if our baby is tiny tiny which she prob will be will they have nappys or will I take them, pampers now do tiny one 2lb - 5lbs so bought a good few packs xx

all mine stuff is in an ikea bag at the moment. Im planning to use OHs sportbag but seeing how much it is im not sure it will all fit in the bag. Im bringing 13 nappies as i would like to stay in as long as they let me :D

this is a good thread, I have to pack a good few things as Ive been told that im getting a ceserean so will be in for about 5 days also the nappy bit is a good question if our baby is tiny tiny which she prob will be will they have nappys or will I take them, pampers now do tiny one 2lb - 5lbs so bought a good few packs xx

Awww micro baby ones :) you do know your hospital is meant to provide them if their prem as they can be hard to get hold of? x

i only started packing my bag yesterday! im using a holdall and using a changing bag for baby, ive packed ten nappies. do you need to pack a bottle even if your planning to breastfeed? x

Yes i think you do have to supply your own bottles, just in case you can't. But it may be different for each hospital. I am packing a couple of aptimil cartons too, as our hospital doesnt like to supply milk. I think they do if your stuck but prefer it if you bring your own!

all mine stuff is in an ikea bag at the moment. Im planning to use OHs sportbag but seeing how much it is im not sure it will all fit in the bag. Im bringing 13 nappies as i would like to stay in as long as they let me :D

Don't take 13 make it 12 or 14! :shock:

With formula feeding you have to think the hospital does have kitchens BUT they don't have enough kettles and steralisers for you to make milk so they do tend to provide it :thumbup:

yeah the micro baby ones and they are tiny tiny lol, they do upto 5lbs so will prob fit when she gets home, the hospital that is up here gives you wee bottles that already have the milk in them if you are bottle feeding, I am going to feed myself but I will need to express and then she will get tube fed if she is so early but if hse is going to be able to feed out a bottle then yeah al prob need to take in my pump and bottles eh?? xx

Claire - it's something you'll have to ask at your next appointment. Down here they provide all the stuff x

Last edited:
I keep forgetting to ask cause all im worrying about is that the baby is going to be so early xx

:hug: They might tell you nearer the time anyway hun but have it all ready just incase x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back