Hoping for a third time lucky bfp in November :)

leesey

Reaction score
Ok feeling up to being back in ttc after a short flit to bfp/pregnancy chat, starting to feel proactive now rather than down in the dumps. I really want to be determined after my second consecutive miscarriage, rather than feeling defeated like I did a few days ago.

I kind of feel like starting taking baby aspirin and ordering some new opks and stuff is taking the 'looking forward' approach, I'm hoping that I'm not bottling my feelings up or ignoring what's happened.

Spoke to dh about it last night and I said I don't want us to get jaded or pessimistic about ttc, so if we get a bfp this month we are going to celebrate it and cherish it, not dread the seemingly inevitable consequences that we've become accustomed to. I'm also going to test early, despite everyone's warnings against (my mum hates me testing early, she says it's unnatural and no one's supposed to know that early!), because I will contact the doctor immediately and make them take notice of me, and do everything I can to keep my third time lucky bean.

That is, of course, assuming we catch as easy as we have the last few months, and that's a hell of an assumption. I will be gutted if I don't get a bfp, it will be my first cycle since we got married that I haven't caught. At least if I don't then my body will get a rest, but I want to make the most of the spike in fertility following a miscarriage (or two).

Well wasn't expecting to write so much, I should maybe have started a journal instead of a thread!!

Anyway, onwards and upwards as they say!!

Wishing you luck hun, its my first month TTC so i havent (and hope I never do) had a mc so I cant really comment on it but everytime I read that someone has it puts a lump in my throat as its defo one of the things in this world that isnt fair!

I hope your third little dream comes soon and is strong, even though everyone should listen to their mums I do think it is a good idea for you to test earlier and as you said see your doctor straight away.

I have heard about baby asprin a couple of times now on here, what does it do?

Lots of baby dust to you hun. x

Last edited:
:dust::dust:

Having had two losses myself hun I hear ya. It's so shitty but your attitude is fantastic.

I have my fingers and toes crossed that you'll be in tri 1 before Christmas

xxxxxxxxxxxx

i have my fx for u leesey, u really deserve ur sticky bean :hugs: xx

Huge Fx for you Leesey,

I know how you feel, I've had 2 losses too, and even though i have a healthy lo, it's still a hard, emotional time each time you get a bfp.

Here's to nov testing!! Hope you get ur 3rd time lucky sticky bean :)
:dust:

xxx

Relax and pamper yourself :). I would say testing early is a good idea and your positive approach is amazing. Try not to get too disappointed if you don't catch straight away, as you say your body will have a good rest.....saying that I so hope November is your month lovely, here's to a July/August baby leesey :love: xxxxxxxxxxx

good luck hun. iv never had a mc and i cant even imagine to know what you are going through but being from a family of women who all seem to miscarry i really feel for you and ur oh.

really hope you get a super sticky bean soon xxxx

i love your attitude leesey and really hope that it is 3rd time lucky for you, gonna be keeping everything that i can possibly cross crossed for you, you deserve that sticky bean so much hun, lets hope this xmas is gonna be a tee-total one hehe :) xx

Thanks everyone, I know I'd be a wreck if it wasn't for everyone on here. DH is a gem, but he just doesn't know how to console me, he can't understand the feelings I'm having because as loads of people have said before, men just don't connect to the baby til they see it.

Good news and bad news at the docs. Bad news, I can't take baby aspirin cos I'm asthmatic, doc says we'll only do that as a last resort. Good news is I'm getting referred! He was so much more understanding than I expected, and he said straight away if I was looking to get referred when he saw me welling up talking about it. It'll probably take a few weeks minimum, but he says I can just keep trying as usual and if we are successful next month just to come straight back.

Bit gutted about not being able to take baby aspirin, as it seemed like such a sensible idea (Pink Butterfly it supposedly prevents the body from over-clotting which can cause miscarriage, it's a specific 75mg dose of aspirin which you can get over the counter, usually for angina or stroke victims) but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Will just do everything the same this month, preseed, sanatogen mother and father to be tablets, opks and test from 8dpo.

Will just do everything the same this month, preseed, sanatogen mother and father to be tablets, opks and test from 8dpo.

Oh yeah, and :bd: often helps!! :whistle:

Last edited:
Glad to hear ur doctor is being so supportive. I would take the baby aspirin if ur asthma isnt that bad! I have asthsma and have no effects from taking aspirin based medicines, but only u know ur body. Let's hope ur doctor can help pretty quickly as u and ur oh seem pretty fertile catching quite quick, I really hope November is ur month Hun :hugs: xxx

FX you get your sticky little bean!! Here's to November being an awesome month for us all xx

So sad to read this Leesey. Xxx

Fx for November!!

We'll all get there in the end. Just so hard that it's a long journey sometimes. :( xx

I have asthma.. and am gonna take 75mg asparin.. as like you I have had 2 m/c.. XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back