Home, well kinda, update pg 9

TundraOwl

Reaction score
Well didn't think I would be posting this at the mo. Started getting strong BH all last night and this morning, then from about 1pm the started getting stronger and sore, believe it or not was timing them in my antenatal class and they went from every 10 mins to every 6 mins in the space of 2 hours. And they were getting sore, took my breath away and had to breath through them. Spoke to my MW after the clas and she told me to get to hospital asap as we are early (33 + 5) got hooked up to a ctg machine when got here and yup, sure enough proper contractions, over 100 on the monitor, and coming every 5 mins regular as clock work.

Was checked, not dilated but babys head is engaged and contractions were getting stronger, now as we are early they've decided to give me steroids for baby's lungs and am now on a drip to slow down the contractions, but apparently if I'm in proper labour it won't stop it completely, they're just trying to slow them down to give the steroids chance to work. Will try and keep you all posted, this may be a false alarm but it doesn't feel like it, been on the drip over and hour now and contractions have eased in intensity and frequency but are still regular.

Little bit scared as we will be early but then again it might stop and she won't arrive soon, not sure what's going on yet, but will keep you posted, thank god I've found an Internet connection!

Last edited:
you are in the best place hun.... fingers crossed for you xx

OMG good luck hun. I had exactly the same at 30 weeks but dilated to 2cm. Luckily after 24hrs hooked up it stopped. Hope it works for you too, best of luck chicky will be thinking of you xxx

Thinking of you - good luck - you are in the best place x

Oh my days! Good luck sweetie. I'm sure baby will be just fine if she comes now xxx

I know of 2 babies outside of PF that have been born at 31 and 33 weeks, just in the last week, both are fine. Must be something in the air at the moment xx

:shock: I think I'm going to finish my hospital bag in the morning! lol x

Good luck, hope things slow down for you xx

Started my bag today, lol, scared me a bit the first person i knew delivering at 31 weeks knowing its only a couple of weeks away! Plus my mum started with me at 30 weeks so decided to play it safe and be prepared!

Last edited:
Thinking of you hun. You're in the best place xx

Wishing you all the best hun.
I started packing my bag this week but it's too small for my things so I'm waiting for mum to bring me a bigger bag, hopefully Grace stays put over the weekend :lol: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back