is that the start of the labour?

Menie13

Reaction score
Yesterday at 9pm I got the appearance of a show.. After that I got stronger contractions but not regular ie 1 strong, couple of littles ones and then it stopped to start again couple of hours later.. This morning at 5am I started to have more ' regular' contractions between 5 - 8minutes. Still have some kind of brownish - pink discharges..I took a bath and surprisingly my contractions in the bath were around 4-6 minutes and getting stronger for the all time.
Now since I left the bath and now sitting on my ball :) contractions are every 7-8 minutes and getting stronger and generaly last from 45s to 1min20..

Is that what we call more intense Braxton Hicks contractions ?

PS : when I mean contractions, I meant period pains

Last edited:
If they r getting stronger and staying regular I'd say it's labour babe :cheer:
Keep doing what ur doing babe :D xx

sounds like it could b the start of things hun keep timing them and when u get to the point u cant manage them or they are coming every 3-4 mins and lasting 1 min go in. might b worth giving labour ward a ring anyway !! hope this is it for u hun xxxxx good luck xxxx

Sounds like it could be the start of things for you hunny, goodluck x x

Thanks. I am monitoring them since 6.30 am. I gave a call to the labour ward at 6am and she told me to take a bath, and see if in few hours I manage to get a pattern and then call them back. I will wait to get them coming every 3-4 mins and then I will call them back.
They are stronger and last for 1 minute average but still not regular btw 5 to 8 minutes :( let's see.

Last edited:
They don't have to be 'regular' I never had reg contractions thru my whole labour with Ellie.. They doubled up at one point! :roll:

As long as they are getting stronger and at a decent time apart on average, I'd say it's labour babe :D

Sounds really promising, have u called the labour ward? Good luck with it all and can't wait to hear of your new arrival xxx

I will call back the labour ward in few hours, just to make sure my contractions are coming every 3-5 minutes.. Last hours, they have been every 4 to 6.45 minutes for an average of 55s

yep sounds promising !!! labour watch here we come !! xxx

ooooh

Sounds like your on your way there!! I know plug doesn't always come out at the one time too!

Lots of good luck for today, let us know how you get on!!

:hug:

Still at home, period pains are getting stronger, now it's even going to my lower back but contractions are coming every 3 to 7 minutes with an average of around 5 minutes now for often more than 1 minute.
I called at lunch time the the labour ward, Mw told me I should come once I am contracting every 2-3 minutes as she think I am doing well (not sure how she spot it) and as it's my first baby, she said labour starts really at 2-3 cm, not sure about it therefore I think once I am 3 minutes I will just let them know that I am going as since 2 pm my contractions are really hurting..I will take a bath to relax, but after it I might just go straight to the hospital!!!! For sure I don't want to go to early, as it might be more stressfull anyway once there.

Last edited:
They can usually tell by ur tone of voice on the phone :) it does sound like ur doing really well!
Things seem to be progressing well :) good luck babe!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back