Hidden Users.mmmm?

xrachx

Reaction score
if you are hidden can you post? if so does it come up with your username? and if so what is the point of hiding and why do people want to hide from us? we are such a lovely bunch!.... :cheer:

I've always wondered what the point of being hidden is. I understand how it works - you can post and it still comes up with your name, as usual - but I don't know what the point is.

Yes you can post, I am usually hidden.

I put myself onto hidden because some spammers and advertisers won't post when there's a mod online... and also when people cause trouble (;)) they will generally do it when there's no mods about.

Then I just forget to put myself back to visible.

I'll do it now for you though :lol:

Im hidden :oops: I was confusing peeps when I was in labour (the long, long Saturday when they wouldnt let me in hozzie!) so I set myself to hidden, but never changed it back

I'm hidden for the same reasons as Urchin.

Valentine Xxx

i set myself ot hidden in case i nip on for 10 minutes just to have a catch up.
i talk to a lot of members on here on msn so i dont wanna seem ignorant if they think i'm online on the forum but not talking to them on there

Kimbo said:
i set myself ot hidden in case i nip on for 10 minutes just to have a catch up.
i talk to a lot of members on here on msn so i dont wanna seem ignorant if they think i'm online on the forum but not talking to them on there

Me too! I sometimes literally come on for a couple of minutes but often leave the page up as I potter about doing stuff!

I didn't know you could be hidden. On my dads laptop I'm not logged in all the time like I am at home so sometimes I come on the forum and read without logging on but as soon as I want to post I have to log in. Is that what you mean by hidden? Just not logged on? or is that a guest?

:?

I have this web page up most of the day while i potter about and if i wasnt hidden youd all think i was neglecting Hope :lol: Which i most certqainly dont

lou said:
I didn't know you could be hidden. On my dads laptop I'm not logged in all the time like I am at home so sometimes I come on the forum and read without logging on but as soon as I want to post I have to log in. Is that what you mean by hidden? Just not logged on? or is that a guest?

No, in your profile there is a "hide online status" bit. You can browse and post on the forum but no one will see your name in the list.
I can see hidden people though. ;)

Urchin said:
lou said:

No, in your profile there is a "hide online status" bit. You can browse and post on the forum but no one will see your name in the list.
I can see hidden people though. ;)

Well thats just cheeky :lol:

The_Sixth_Sense_2.jpg

I see hidden people, they browse around like normal people, they don't even know that they're hidden.

:lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: @ urchin!!!

I just leave the page up and come to it when Jam doesnt want me, no wonder our leccy bills so big :roll:

Urchin said:
The_Sixth_Sense_2.jpg

I see hidden people, they browse around like normal people, they don't even know that they're hidden.

:lol:

omg :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Im hidden, I leave preg forum up on comp most of the time but im not always on here so dont want people thinking im being ignorant! I actually forgot it was set to hidden to be honest :lol:

I'm hidden for the same reason, I leave the page up for hours sometimes but I'm not always at the puter. I come backwards and forwards between chores, it's a bit like setting yourself to busy or away on msn I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back