HG and NVP thread

Thank you hun. My god, I feel like death again this morning, thought it could have been the bug still yesterday but now I'm not too sure. 3 days on the trot ive been like this, although fx not been sick this morning. Just feel like it is imminent! Probably will go to work tonight as I wasn't too bad yesterday evening, so hoping for the same tonight. Also so light headed and feel like I will pass out. Did you girls get worse again around 22 weeks? xx

Sorry ur feeling pants Hun. Yes mine was really up and down until about 25 weeks and it eased dramatically but still getting dizzy now they r going to check my iron levels nxt week so may need to get urs checked too? Mornings are still my worse until about 12 then I start feeling better xx

Just had a check of my journal with Harry, at 21+3 weeks with him I was feeling pretty rubbish and tired all the time. Had my bloods done then but they came back fine. Might see how I am after our holiday as I have the midwife on the 29th May, so might ask her to do bloods if I still feel the same. Feeling a bit better now, so hoping it stays as just mornings if it's going to hang about. Got our rescan today at 2:45pm and then the vbac clinic at 3:45pm, so got to hope they aren't running late or I could miss the next appt. xx

Hi girls, hope everyone is ok! We have just been for our scan and we are team blue. So shocked and we only thought of a girls name so it's back to the drawing board! Will catch up reading threads when home! off shopping :) xx

Oh wow, congrats on team blue aswell! Have fun shopping xx

Hey girls, sorry not been in here for ages, have really struggled emotionally recently And been so busy with work, family and uni it has been mad was only popping in briefly ... But may leave is approaching and I am slowing down so trying to catch up with things on the forum.
I hope everyone is doing better than me. The sickness has been ok today, but it really comes and goes which is miles better than it was before.
X

Yes OH is very excited as he is a farmer and this little boy will be the 6th generation in the family farm should he choose to be a farmer. we went to next and found some tractor sleepsuits, so cute and we couldn't resist. Then went to kiddicare and spotted a tractor bedding set, so will prob end up buying that closer to the time. Abi loves daddy's tractor, but it is nice to know he will have a son to share it all with.
I've done a couple of full shifts at work and they have exhausted me. I've spoken to my boss and she is going to give me as many late shifts as possible as an early shift is way too hard ATM. I know I am very lucky! I am still taking 2 cyclizine a day as I am so worried to come off them, but think I might try 1 as soon as I get up for a few days and see how that goes. I'm sure it's in my head, but we have all been there and don't want to return to the mess I was in xx

Last edited:
Seriously regretting my decision to go to work tonight, feel like death :( xx

Sorry to gatecrash this thread but have any of you girls tried Irn Bru? I used to find it really helped with sickness. Was better when it was semi-flat.

It's got caffeine in it so you need to count it in your daily allowance.

Worth a shot? X

Nice to see you pop in mummy midwife, but sorry you've been feeling so emotional. Juggling work, a family and uni must be so tough, I only have 1 child and a part job and I seriously struggle day to day, so I can only imagine how tough it's been. When does your mat leave start?

I'm very up and down with the sickness/ nauseous/ heartburn dilemma, if it's not one it's the other lol definitely think it's here to stay this time :( Started back on metachlopromide yesterday morning and took another in the evening and I can say I feel slightly more human this morning after work than when I started. I will see how I am after my nap, got to be up by 12 to take Harry to a birthday party.

Steffy it's so nice that you get to have a boy who can carry on the family farm, 6 generations is amazing! It's good you have an understanding boss, what do you do? I'm thinking on dropping my night shifts down to 2 a week from 3 starting in 4 weeks for about 10 weeks before starting mat leave, not told my boss yet, but hoping she is ok with it! Using all my holiday to do so, so we aren't out of money. I work in a petrol station. xx

Glad you feel not too bad this morning kanga. But sorry the sickness and heartburn duo is troubling you, I am too struggling with same thing. Couple of nights ago I took omeprazole, ranitidine and gaviscon but nothing helped, eventually I just fell asleep through exhaustion and that's how is going :/ mat leave is starts in 6 weeks for work and 2 weeks for uni so not that far :) I hope your boss is ok with you reducing from 3 to 2 days a week. I am coping a lot better with working day shifts instead of nights.
I hope you can get some good sleep before taking Harry to the party
X

Hey girls how's everyone today? Been out enjoying the sunshine? Sorry to hear u had a bad shift kanga how u feeling today? Good to see u popping in mummidwife we have missed u! What r all ur plans for the wkend? How r u Jem? Yvonne r u feeling any better? Steffy that's so cute with the tractor bed sheets bet he will be a perfect little farmer with his daddy :) xxx

Not really been in the sun today, got up at 12, was at a children's 2yr old birthday party from 1-3:30pm with the kids running riot so no chance to sit and rest. Harry went for his nap about 4 and slept til 7pm when I woke him up, I managed to sleep 5-7 too. DH has been out all day working on cars and we are still awaiting him to come home. I don't feel as awful at the mo, but still not looking forward to work. But saw the rota last night and after tonight I have 12 days off :D so pretty happy about that.

Changed my thoughts on maternity leave too, so hopefully going to 2 shifts from 9th June (25+3), but staying on nights for now. Asking to work Friday and Saturday nights too, so DH can have Harry during the day so I can sleep properly. Then starting mat leave at 36+3weeks on 25th Aug. So pushing it all forward, hoping to stay on nights as long as possible then switch to days if I need to.

Tomorrow I have another birthday party at 11am, so only will get 3.5hrs sleep. We then need to go shopping for the holiday and the rabbits (in laws are looking after them), then pack and do clothes washing and tidy the house, the list is endless! Holiday starts Monday :)

Are you having a good weekend keeptrying? xx

Sounds like a really busy wkend with all the parties. Lovely that u have 12 days off :) that will give u a nice break from work. Bet u can't wait for ur hols too ul have a fab time. Glad u decided on mat leave but if u need to change it atleast u can. I'm ok thanks we went to the gym today well hubby went to the gym I sat in the garden by the pool all day so that was nice and relaxing :) going to do a BBQ tomo to make the most of the weather. Can't believe I'm 27 weeks in 2 days officially tri 3 really scary now!! Xx

Omg that is scary! It really is flying now :)

Enjoy your BBQ tomorrow, we probably could do one in between packing everything. Been trying to organise some of it this evening. Got work in 15mins and DH still not home, apparently sending his dad to pick up Harry :( So annoyed that he has to drag Harry out the house at this time! xx

Been sent home from work with chest pains and really strong braxton hicks. Feel like I can hardly breathe when I get one, really not nice. The braxton hicks don't hurt just very uncomfortable especially with the tight chest too. Not feeling too worried, just fed up.

DH's dad ended up staying here to watch Harry and was still here when I got home just after 12:30am! To say I'm not impressed with DH is an understatement. FIL had to put Harry to bed, and I have no idea when that was, probably gone 11pm! Going to try and chill out and see if I can sleep through these weird pains xx

Nice to pop back Keeptrying :)
Kanga poor you, I hope the Braxton hicks settle? I do have bouts of Braxton hicks that take my breath away and it can go on for a couple of hours sometimes longer. It is not pleasant. I hope you manage to get some sleep x

Hey girls have u all enjoyed the beautiful weather?. Kanga that's not great of the hubby where was he? Bet u didn't need that with the bh as well. I haven't experienced any yet but I'm sure I will. Hope u have a lovely holiday xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back