HG and NVP thread

Hi, that's wonderful your sickness has stopped! Thankfully it stopped for me by about 17 weeks last time and the worst was over before that. It was such an amazing feeling when I suddenly realized, hey I don't feel sick!

At the moment I am still having better and worse days. I am spending a good part of the day lying down but on good days I can get up and do a few things then lay down again when I start feeling like I might be sick. Yesterday was my best day in a while, I managed not to be sick at all! Worse days I am sick several times without doing anything but on the whole I feel not to bad most of the time as long as I'm lying down. I still haven't reached that awful stage when I felt so bad all the time and would be sick when I moved my head. That only hit after 10 weeks last time. Still kind of hoping for a miracle and maybe I'll get away without it this time :).

Last edited:
Hey bunny glad ur still okish. Fingers crossed it won't be as bad this time round :) I've been in Mallorca for two weeks had such a nice break but very hot!! Can't believe I'm 31 weeks nearly scary that u could have the baby in 6 weeks lol . Have u told anyone yet or waiting til 12 week scan? Xxx

Glad you had a nice break. Dont hold your breath too much for baby to arrive. LO was 10 days late and the "it could be any day now" gets to you after a while lol.

We told my parents a few days ago and the inlaws yesterday. Now its the rest of the family and everyone else. I was enjoying it being our secret but its a relief to start telling people because it was getting awkward to hide. I was avoiding my family last week because I didnt want to have to come up with excuses about feeling rough so we decided it was time to tell.

Yer I'm fully prepared for a 40+ weeker lol! Just optimistic thinking! That's good u told family I had to swell at 8 weeks as went into hospital kind of hard to hide lol! It will make it easier for u too if it does get worse that they all know so they can help out too. Xx

I was kind of dreading telling because LO is only 1 and I wasn't looking forward to all the "OMG how are you going to cope??" comments. MIL did say something like "oh, no, thats bad" but when she realized we planned it she was pleased. They don't mean badly it's just because I had a hard time with the last preganany and now I have a 1 year old so they are worried. It is a bit crazy but we didn't want to wait because of my age ticking on. Now that everyone knows I'm pleased. Funnily enough it was my dad and FIL who were the most excited.

In the end I was actually quite glad I had gone overdue. The last weeks of my pregnancy was the part I liked best. I was big as a house but I didn't feel sick :).

I was kind of dreading telling because LO is only 1 and I wasn't looking forward to all the "OMG how are you going to cope??" comments. MIL did say something like "oh, no, thats bad" but when she realized we planned it she was pleased. They don't mean badly it's just because I had a hard time with the last preganany and now we have a 1 year old so they are worried. It is a bit crazy but we didn't want to wait because of my age ticking on. Now that everyone knows I'm pleased. Funnily enough it was my dad and FIL who were the most excited.

In the end I was actually quite glad I had gone overdue. The last weeks of my pregnancy was the part I liked best. I was big as a house but I didn't feel sick :).

Last edited:
Hi girls, this thread has been quiet. Feeling fairly sorry for myself and wondering if there are any of you other ladies spending your day on the couch trying not to throw up.

hey bunny. Sorry to hear your feeling bad :( I am feeling lots better now but I have not forgotten the horrendousness that is hg! So I really feel for you. Theres nothing I can say but I do really feel for you and it does get better. Hugs :) xx

Thanks. Honestly it could be worse. I have a feeling it will be yet as last time it really hit me after 10 weeks. I'm 10 weeks today. Thankfully the really bad part only lasted under 3 weeks so even if I do get bad at least the end is in sight. OH is amazing and doing everything for me and LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back