HG and NVP thread

Hi Yvonne, sorry to see your suffering with HG too. I was off work from 5-14 weeks, and was on reduced hours til around 17 weeks. Money has been so tight the last couple of months, especially this month as only took home £197! When I earn up to £700. It was so low because they overpaid me on another month. But DH has been working extra hard getting bonus at work, doing extra private work and selling things on eBay to get us by. My next pay day should have us almost back on track. You have just got to do what's best for you, my first few shifts back were just awful and I don't think I should have returned, but I felt pressured due to money.

Keeptrying, your bump has really popped since your last pic, it's fab :) yay for your pram turning up tomorrow too :)

I have stopped my meds completely this week, been 3 days now. I do feel quite naseous again, but it is manageable. Although today hasn't been great as I seem to have a d&v bug :( over the worst of it now I think. Work has been crazy, I worked 2 shifts, 1 night off, 1 shift, 1 night off then 3 shifts in a row. So been feeling pretty crap on my days off and it has really affected my sleep, been awake til 3-4am most morning and then up at 8:30am with Harry. Think I need to sort my shifts out earlier than planned, and maybe take maternity leave earlier. There's just no way I can keep up with it now, it's killing me and I think that's why I'm so ill today. Back in tomorrow night for 3 nights, but not sure if I should go after having this bug today, suppose I will see how I am in the morning. Got our holiday to Wales on Monday though :) xx

Last edited:
Hey kanga, such a shame ur feeling pants! But good ur off meds! I thought u had figured something out with ur mat leave using ur holiday? Are u still.planning on doing that?

Keeptrying that fair do about pram, I nearly peed myself with excitement seeing the delivery van turn up so having the boxes I'm spare room will be exciting enough for now lol.

The antenatal class was good Yeh, found out some stuff I didn't know like I may not be able to give birth in just the midwife led unit because of the anaemia and having seen a consultant.... Need to check that with my own midwife on Monday though. And about pain relief learnt that gas and air and an epidural are the only 2 that don't cross over to baby. Some stuff was all stuff I already knew but if u get the opportunity to go to any I would recommend, I feel abit more comfortable about going into labour now because I know what to look out for lol.

I've been having so much pressure this week in my pelvis, apparently it's baby "engaging" it's faking uncomfortable! It all seems surreal me talking about baby engaging and dropping now lol, I'm think I'm still in shock and denial from when I got my bfp! ..... I'm sure it will sink in that im having a baby soon haha

Xxx

I did have a plan with my maternity leave but it still ment working up to 37 weeks and I think I may need to go earlier and reduce to 2 shifts earlier, as work is becoming a real struggle. Not sure I'm going in tonight as I've woken up feeling worse than yesterday morning, ready to puke at a moments notice :( thinking of taking some meds, I feel that rough.

Exciting that baby is starting to engage Jem, it is surreal waiting for your first baby, even when I had Harry in my arms I couldn't believe he was mine lol xx

Hey kanga sorry ur feeling rubbish again. :( it's such a horrible illness I can understand not wanting to work til 37 weeks it seems like forever away too. How will ur employer take it do u think?

Jem glad the antenatal went well I've got mine June 18th u will have prob had baby by then how mad is that!!! I want to be informed by it all too think it will ease my nerves interesting didn't know that about the drugs passing to the baby. R u still going in with an open mind? Or have u decided what u want to do? Apart from just getting the baby out lol. I know I'm going to be sooo tempted to open the pram!! I might just get the car seat out ;) xx

I think they will be ok about it, as long as I let her know ASAP. Think I have to let her know by 6th June, got my midwife on 29th May so will get my matb1 then and go arrange a meeting. For me I think stress makes the sickness worse, and I have a hectic few days coming up. Work Thursday night, scan and vbac clinic Friday, work Friday night, kids party Saturday, work Saturday night, kids party Sunday, packing for holiday at some point and going on holiday Monday morning! So no chance to catch up on sleep or rest really! xx

Blimey that is a mad few days. Think ur prob doing the right thing re work. Let me know what they say. I'm going on holiday end of May to Mallorca for 2 weeks and I can not wait! Really need the sun now! Xx

Aww lovely holiday, we are just away the week. Going to Wales, just hope the weather holds up for us. Just need to figure out exactly what dates to go on maternity leave and get the most of being at home with the kids xx

Think u have picked the right week as it's ment to get really hot over the nxt few weeks. We went to Wales last year and it was beautiful ul have a fab time xx

Looks like it is meant to rain most of the week :( ah well, it will still be nice to get away and spend time as a family.

I phoned my boss thus morning and said I wasn't coming in tonight, decided to wasn't worth the risk. Keep feeling really light headed when I standup, so wouldn't be much use anyway. xx

It will be a nice break for you tho have time to chill. Eekkk my pram came today :) soooo excited I resisted the urge to unpack all of it just did the car seat! It spun me out a bit thinking that a baby is going to be in there! Xx

Ooh how exciting :) it must be so tempting to get it all out. When will you be in your own home? So you can start nesting and unpacking everything? It's crazy how tiny they are to start with even in the car seat xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
ohhh kanga he is sooo cute in that!! cant wait til little ones here now :) We are hoping by end of june beg of july but its still a complete wreck! So who knows. Its freaking me out abit that i may only move in a couple of weeks before she is due as I am getting the nesting urge already xx

Hey girls, oh kanga bless you, u did the right thing about not going into work, I know I used to worry about work but now I know I'm off and don't have to worry it feels like a weight has been lifted!

Keeptrying the car seats lush ain't it! Quite heavy I found tho? Thats probs the only downfall I can think off.

I still plan to go into labour with a open mind but feel more comfortable now, I know I cam ask for this or I know that that's normal if that makes sense?
Quite a Wierd feeling knowing she's Guna be here soon, I just can't picture myself with a baby, even tho she was very much planned.

I'm so jealous of you 2 going on holiday!!!! I found out I was pregnant the day after I got back from my honeymoon in Portugal so that wasn't to long ago I spose, we are hoping to go back there in October for our anniversary all being well with bubs, would rent out a apartment so I rekon should be ok?

Xx

yer I did think I cant remember the car seat being as heavy but its just so cute cant complain! I know me neither its a really weird feeling knowing there will be a baby soon. I keep worrying that something is going to go wrong and all that but I just think its the nerves kicking in. When is ur actual due date jem? We are lucky as my mum has an apartment in mallorca so we can use it when we want. I think that will be lovely to go back there with the bubs next year. Prob a nicer thing to do hire a place so you have your own space. xx

My due dates the 26th of June, which is also my 24th birthday lol!

Aww lovely do u go over there often? Will u plan on taking bubs there do u think?

I'm booked in for a pedicure this evening, can't reach my feet now so I can't wait!

Xx

Aww Jem your due date is the day after mine with Harry, due 25th June, came 6th July lol A holiday with bubs in October would be fine, especially if you have all your own spare like an apartment.

Keeptrying, I'm jealous that you can go to Mallorca whenever you want, that must be so nice. Not too long before you can move in then, but I bet to feels ages to wait. What's your due date? xx

Ah thats so cool you might share the same bday! Mine is quite close too my 24th bday is 28th July and she is due 18th Augustso you never know! Yer we will take her but think we will wait til next august when she is a year. That will be lovely having a pedicure enjoy it :) xx

i know i am really lucky but with work can only have the normal 20 days hols so we like to do 2 weeks in June for our anniversary. Plus as mums retired she is out there most of the time and I dont think i could handle staying there when she is! Im due 18th August. Its nice that you have got a july and september baby I always think summer babies are nicer as its away from xmas for them lol xx

We did plan on this one being not too close to Xmas, in fact if we didn't catch the month we did we were going to hold ttc until June/July time, to avoid the months around Xmas. Harry wasn't exactly planned to be a summer baby, I had a mmc before him and would've been due January, it then took so long to recover from the mc that we ended up with a July baby. If we have another I want to aim for April/May time, so all the birthdays are spread out :)

My birthday is 8th June, so we are all summer babies :) although I'm 28 this year! I agree about not going on holiday while your mum is there too lol xx

Last edited:
Sorry to hear u had a mmc kanga that must have been really hard to deal with. I do agree tho I feel sorry for the December babies having Xmas and days all at once.

How was ur pedicure Jem?

How r u both Yvonne and bunny? Zxz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back