who is off work?

sarafet

Reaction score
following on from my thread about my contract being terminated last week..

who's finished work and what do you do during the day? i'm not looking forward to being bored, it was bad enough being off sick last week :wall:

sarah xxx

I finished work at 37 weeks.
Since then i have got my flat and all baby things organised how i want it. So that took a bit of time, went on a bit of a nesting spree :)
Been to see alot of friends and had people visit me.

I have also spent time just relaxing taking nice long baths and sleeping :lol: but then i am a lazy cow.
I must admit now i do want baby to come along as i am not comfy being away from home too much at the mo incase something happens.

I started maternity leave 2 weeks ago. Last week, and this week James has been off school so I've been busy with him.
We're also decorating at the moment so I've been busy with that. Once it's finished I can resume my nesting. I haven't been bored yet. I love a chance to be lazy.
Make the most of doing nothing, it will be a thing of the past when baby arrives :lol:

I have been off for 10 weeks now! It has been fantastic. I haven't had time to be bored, been nesting, going out with friends or meeting hubby for lunch or sleeping LOTS :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I am going to be around a lot more the next week or two as I am not able to drive more than 5 mins away now as too painful.

I enjoy not working. I haven't been working for weeks (was on holiday first and on maternity this week onwards).

I plan my days a week ahead. E.g. I have now planned things to do for the whole of next week. I usually have one to two things to do each day (such as meeting friends, pampering treatments, shopping, theatre, cinema) plus exercising most days (swimming or walking). I am painfully organised though - I cannot function unless I've got things planned ahead.

I particularly like to have something planned for a fairly early in the morning so that I get out of the bed and out without hanging around at home half of the day. I prefer then coming home earlier so that I can relax in the evening.

So that's me...

Im not off work.. but i do unsociable hours.... so im either home at around 2ish.... with nothing much to do...

Which is boring....

Or in at 1 until 9pm
Which until around half 12... i havent got much to do either...

Somedays i have off too....

The computer/tv/friends
Washing/ cleaning/ ironing... is my answer...
Untill my Oh comes home from working:)

Ive still got 3 weeks and 5 days to go
not that im counting or anything :wink: :rotfl: :rotfl:

god i cant wait!!!!!!!

i hope your not to bored im sure the nesting instinct will keep you busy getting nursery ready ect

just wanted ti say sorry agian about your job. hope you can get your entilements sorted for maternity soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

sarah :wave:

I am off work sick, hoping to stay off now as I would have finished on the 30th April and as I do part time I only have 10 ish days left. I have holiday to take first.

Was thinking of bringing it forward due to sickness and childcare problems.

Cant wait to be off, gonna spend time with Jack and doing some arty stuff.

I'm still working and i'm finding it soo tough! I only work 3 day a week now and I finish at 1pm next wednesday :cheer:

I wished i'd finished at 33/34 weeks now, i'm off sick today tho cus I had a rubbish nights sleep and i've got back ache and i'll be spending most of the day in bed... until 11.55am when i have a dentist check up :(

hello
I think I have been off 8 weeks or so now.

I have been nesting, made a couple of friends from a baby group in my village and made a friend from net mums so have had a few nice coffees.

I spend alot of time on forum or e-mailing friends sitting on my bouncy ball and alot of time cleaning, nesting and making my home nice for hubby coming in, proper housewife, told him to make the most of it cos when bub comes along house will probs be a tip !

oooh online shopping too for last min baby stuff.
x

I'm off. and I'm bored.... I AM going to tidy up a bit today- I have been lazy the whole weekend!
x

I've been off for ages.

My day usually flies by especially if I am in the mood for nesting.
I usually do the washing, pots, watch Jeremy Kyle, pop to my mums, watch some more daytime TV.

Most days before I know it OH is back home :D

i cant wait to leave work :dance: not long to go now

im not 100% sure on my leaving date and my boss hasnt even asked lol but it will be 1st or 2nd wk of May

Ive been off work for ages now. Since last year! I was off sick for a couple of months with sciatica then had my holiday then started mat leave :D

To be honest I dont get bored. I fill my day with housey things such as washing, ironing, cleaning etc then I walk into town which takes a couple of hours. Cook a nice dinner in the evening and hang out on the forum :cheer:

Ive been nesting for months now too so everything is ready for baby, all his clothes are washed and ironed. Ive made sure Ive read all the instructions to all his gadgets ie. steriliser etc etc so I know what Im doing when he arrives. Im so tired now I also sleep alot. Rest is so important right now so I have a nap whenever I feel the need.

There is plenty for you to do babes, you just gotta find it :D

x

I may not be technically off from work, but i only work weekends so i may as well be!!

I'm meant to go to uni during the week but i find it hard, and it's only 8 hours anyway.

I spend most of my time at home during the day, i do get bored a little, but its because i dont see my house as mine (its my parents) and i get shouted at for touching stuff during the day, im not even allowed to put the heating on :( I've been sneaking over to my freinds house whilst hes at work for baths lol :rotfl:

I quit my job before Christmas but my maternity allowance only started on Feb 17 (11 weeks before my due week).

TBH I've been busy enough. And glad of the rest and time to myself before baby arrives. We moved house on Jan 3 so had a good month of getting organised here, gardening, cleaning, arranging things etc. Then also seeing some friends and having a few days out here and there for myself. Plus some quality time with hubby.

I have Eric now so take him out twice a day, getting at least an hours worth of walking out of it.

I do spend a fair bit of time online but then I always have so its no change for me in that respect. I run websites etc so work on those while browsing the interweb.

I found that once my bump got hefty it was bliss not having to get up in the morning after a crap nights sleep. I was able to get up, lie in, nap in the afternoon, rest when needed etc and people comment on how good I look now. Really rested and glowing. Which is nice to hear.

I've also spent time doing lots of cooking for freezer once LO is here. I don't want to be arsed with making meals in those early weeks. Plus I've had a good spring clean.

Now the warmer weather is here and lighter evenings I'll be spending more time in the garden and sorting out the chickens.

I'm also catching up on some reading, downloaded some TV series to watch in my bored/tired time etc and have done all my paperwork, caught up on masses of emails etc and generally gotten really organised in preparation for baby's arrival as I know I won't have as much time to be in touch with people then, as much as I'd like to.

Erm I do other stuff also but can't think of it atm :roll:

I've been off just over a week now and still trying to get used to it. Keeping busy by selling stuff on ebay! Was hoping to go in to work today as there's an important meeting I didn't want to miss but it clashes with my mw appointment so will have to give it a miss. Going in on Friday to say bye to the kids because I never got to on my last day due to a power cut!

I've even been dreaming about work, how sad is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back