Hey everyone! Got a wee question...

Rachey

Reaction score
Hey Girls!
icon_smile.gif
I'm rachel, just new around here!

Got a wee question if any of you know any answers that would be great!

Got my BFP last week :dance: I'm around 5 and a half weeks! Doc sent me for an early scan because of previous ectopic but was too soon to see anything, had bloods done on monday and wednesday and my HCG had doubled over 48 hours which the nurse said is a good sign! Only thing thats worrying me is slight pain in my shoulders and slight stomach pains, is this normal? The pains are nothing like what I felt with my ectopic last year but I can't stop worrying :(
Is it likely that my HCG levels have doubled over 48 hours and will still be an ectopic? :( Any answers would be much appreciated!!

Thanks so much :friends: xxx

Congratulations hun
I had a scan at 5 weeks 1 day and there was a sac and the following week there was a tiny blob with a little heart beat :) I am sure you will see the same next week. If it was ectopic I would havethought they could see it??
I have had stomach pains and cramps all the way through which is normal as everything is streching
Good luck I hope it all goes ok
x

I didn't experience any pains myself, but I have heard that cramping can be very common early on as things are expanding and stretching. I realize this is impossible half the time, but try not to worry too much and take some comfort in your midwife's optimism.:friends:

Thanks Babybell! I was 4 weeks and 6 days when I had my scan so maybe just a little too soon! I really hope I see a little blob to on Monday!

Congrats on your pregnancys Babybell and tipper :D xxx

Last edited:
I hope you do.
I was 6 + 1 when we saw the heart beat. Baby only measured 3.6mm!!! so tiny but there was this little heart flickering away - amazing.
Keep us posted and let us know how you get on Monday
x

Thank you Rachey, and HUGE congrats to you as well! :)

I hope so! It would be amazing to see my little bean was doing fine :) will definitly let yous know on Monday! xxx

Sorry I'm going totally off subject, but can someone please tell me how to edit my sig? Im useless lol :( xxx

Edit : Figured it out! :)

Last edited:
Congrats! And another lady from Scotland :)

I had cramps at the beginning and tummy pains till very recently, I also had a sore neck and shoulders at about 4/5 weeks too and baby is fine and in the right place :)

I'm sure everything is fine hun!

x x x x

Hi Rachey, congrats on your pregnancy. I just wanted to reassure you that I had crampy pains and some shoulder pains in early pregnancy - I remember the cramps because I've had them all through really and I remember the shoulder pains because I had read that shoulder pain can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy which worried me slightly....but all has been fine and baby is definitely in my womb and not my tubes, which I am sure is the same for you this time. Good luck xx

I had my bloods done at 5 weeks due to previous miscarriage and the exact words of my doc were they have doubled over 48 hours so everything suggests its viable and in the womb. At 6 weeks 1 day I had a scan due to spotting and there was a sack with what looked like a seahorse with a heartbeat. She had a right good look about at my tubes too just to make sure there wasn't another one in the wrong place which there isn't so hopefully it should all be good for you.

I'm at ten weeks now and have had sharp pains and cramps all along which is horrendously off putting due to previous miscarriage but apparently normal and also experiencing shoulder pain too so fingers crossed for you.

Hey pinkymum, Amanda and Deborah :) That's sooooo reassuring to know that you all had shoulder pain and have perfect little beans in there! The pains were around my neck too but I haven't had any since Thursday night, last time with the ectopic they got worse they didn't go until after the operation. So hopefully thats a good sign!

Deborah, I'll be 6+1 on Tuesday when I go for my scan so I'm hoping to see something similar to you!! lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back